Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Many People Are Waiting On Appeal?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How many people are waiting on appeal, and how long has your appeal been pending for an answer of approved or denied?

I am in month 5.

Appeal sent in about Novemember 2009, with help of my VSO.

=============

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My DRO hearing is upcoming on Dec. 8, 2010. I have what I need to win!

• HadIt.com Elder

good luck I thought the same thing in Jan 2005 I didn't finish at BVA until April 2009 got the award letter from the VARO in SC in June 2009 just because you have the right evidence doesn't translate into the DRO will DO the right thing, he may still deny it and make you take it to the BVA and force a Judge to grant the claim I had a good CAD claim and the RO would not make that award they forced me into going to BVA with the same evidence and the Judge stated my evidence and the VAs evidence put my claim into "relative equipose" and said it goes to the veteran.

just because you have the right stuff does not mean they will do the right thing at the time you want it done so go in determined to win but don't let them get you too depressed if they deny it again and make you appeal to the BVA just don't quit the claim out of frustration

I do hope you get all the benefits you have earned and deserve

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are looking at a ton of retro the DRO and his boss my not want to be the guys who grant such an award. This is basic lack of guts. The DRO told me I had a good CUE, but then denied it on paper forcing me to the BVA and beyond. If you have the evidence you will win eventually. This is part of VA water torture. Some bean counter has statistics on how many vets die with a claim outstanding. The fool around while elderly widows wait for A&A, so why not kill time while the vet expires? This inspires me to live just a little longer to get my money. It is a big crap game.

If you are looking at a ton of retro the DRO and his boss my not want to be the guys who grant such an award. This is basic lack of guts. The DRO told me I had a good CUE, but then denied it on paper forcing me to the BVA and beyond. If you have the evidence you will win eventually. This is part of VA water torture. Some bean counter has statistics on how many vets die with a claim outstanding. The fool around while elderly widows wait for A&A, so why not kill time while the vet expires? This inspires me to live just a little longer to get my money. It is a big crap game.

Ditto for me

Ditto for me

its been 2 years going on three now form 9 was filed many years ago letters come saying they r working on my appeals l i feel the va is getting worse and they order c and p for any thing you file for.

i feel the c and p exams are just a sham the va uses their doctors to simply deny and force the veteran to either quit or go to the bva

miss the 60 day form 9 appeal and your done unless you can prove 38 cfr 3.156

i beleive this will go on and on this has gone on for centuries since day one politicians talk nothing gets done

nothing really ever gets done and the va likes that because they can deny claims and life goes on

do i think ill get a fair hearing at the bva if i live that long ?

"most likely not" no pun intended