Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vocational Rehab

Rate this question

david walker

Question

I sent in a request right after I lost my job. Got a letter to they had recieved my claim. The letter stated "an evaluation of all the issues surrounding your case will be completed to determine your entitlement to VR benefits". They sent a VA 4107 appeal form with it (this is what confused me). How can I appeal if they haven't decided. Is this the normal procedure?? Guess I'm just paranoid over my situation. I have period, short periods that things are gonna be ok. Followed by severe panic attacks. When I went for my C&P the doc gave me the number for the suicide hot line and a number to call to try and get IOP treatment. Been trying to work on my TDIU, keep getting to the same place and having to start over. I did this alot toward the end when I was working. I just freeze up and lose everything in my head. I have to start at the beginning to remember what I'm doing. Dang this is a mess. Thanks guys for the help. Maybe I will pull it together soon. My son was out of school the last 3 days for Easter, that was truly a blessing, kept me focused on him and not my situation. I'm sure tomorrow when he goes back its gonna be tough.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I sent in a request right after I lost my job. Got a letter to they had recieved my claim. The letter stated "an evaluation of all the issues surrounding your case will be completed to determine your entitlement to VR benefits". They sent a VA 4107 appeal form with it (this is what confused me). How can I appeal if they haven't decided. Is this the normal procedure?? Guess I'm just paranoid over my situation. I have period, short periods that things are gonna be ok. Followed by severe panic attacks. When I went for my C&P the doc gave me the number for the suicide hot line and a number to call to try and get IOP treatment. Been trying to work on my TDIU, keep getting to the same place and having to start over. I did this alot toward the end when I was working. I just freeze up and lose everything in my head. I have to start at the beginning to remember what I'm doing. Dang this is a mess. Thanks guys for the help. Maybe I will pull it together soon. My son was out of school the last 3 days for Easter, that was truly a blessing, kept me focused on him and not my situation. I'm sure tomorrow when he goes back its gonna be tough.

I agree that their sending a 4107 without them having declared a denail of benefits is a little strange and you should send them an IRIS requesting an explanation of their actions, i.e. Did they really intend to send the 4107, or did they actually make a denial determination and fail to word their letter to you to indicate such denial?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

David:

Usually Voc rehab schedules you to come in and be tested. Its pretty intensive and after the tests in Dallas they show movies and what they do to help Veterans. I think that they use actual claims that they work it starts with showing training, than helping set up a business and than Independent Living Program if the other stuff won't work.

Than you meet your Councilor and they are supposed to develop a plan. Many of these people are nice and actually help Veterans but I think that they are being careful and including that form with general info to cover their ass.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

VA also might be doing the same as they do with the 21-8940 (IU) form.

When a claimant hits a certain level of disability that they MIGHT be entitled to IU

then many times VA sends them the 21-8940 - even tho no decision on IU

has ever been adjudicated.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

That form must be SOP, cause I just received the same letter and form. I sent in my request for Voc-Rehab/ILP about a week ago. I hear ya about having periods, I'm usually hanging over the edge. But sometimes I'm almost sane.

David

I want everyone to know how thankful I am for your help. You guys have really lifted me up. My court date is next week. Gonna go try and see my lawyer today. I may go into a tail spin of depression. Losing my job caused a big one. If I lose my license I'm not sure what will happen. I have to have a prevlege lic. My son has to go to sports and scouts. His pack has ask me to take over his den. I know mentally/physically I can't...but I could help alot. With no DL he will have to give all that up. Getting him to school is a biggie. My wife has already said "she can't do I will have to" and she meant it. She had a cow cause I took my son and got him some shoes with the debit card yesterday. Not cause of the money, cause I didn't ask her first. Man, I can't deal with that. I love her and know she's worried up that crap has to stop.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

You might want to call your local VOC REHAB counselors. Often times, they can explain the way things work a whole lot better than anything you can find on the VA web site.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.