Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flat Out Denied

Rate this question

drm65

Question

I am tdiu service connected at 100%, but the ssdi denied me, I seemed to get a generic letter from them denying me, Im not even sure what they looked at, I dont think they looked at my full va medical records, should I just get a lawyer for the appeal, any good lawyers out there?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did you get denied for SSDI or SSI?--? As far as Acesup his statement is bull!!! There is no "Quota" or automatic tundown for the first time. Why so many are turned down is lack of presentation. I'n not saying you in particular cause I have not seen your packet. Many people think VA automaticly qualifies you. SSA decides on its own information sent in by you and their examinations. They don't know YOU. They just know you from what you send them.

I actually thought the information from the va would be enough, I had enough hurdles to jump with the va, I was hoping I wouldnt have to go through it again with ssdi

Did you get denied for SSDI or SSI?--? As far as Acesup his statement is bull!!! There is no "Quota" or automatic tundown for the first time. Why so many are turned down is lack of presentation. I'n not saying you in particular cause I have not seen your packet. Many people think VA automaticly qualifies you. SSA decides on its own information sent in by you and their examinations. They don't know YOU. They just know you from what you send them.

I got denied from ssdi, I dont qualify for ssi, my monthly income from the va is too high for ssi

In you denial letter what were you denied for---SSI or SSDI??????? What was reason for denial.

I am tdiu service connected at 100%, but the ssdi denied me, I seemed to get a generic letter from them denying me, Im not even sure what they looked at, I dont think they looked at my full va medical records, should I just get a lawyer for the appeal, any good lawyers out there?

Callover, my statement may be 'bull', so tell us what percentage you think get approved on the first go-around? Or on the written appeal? And how much does it vary from one state or region to the next, percentage-wise?

I said SSA "basically" has a quota system. I stand by that. It is not an official written policy, nor is there even any open acknowledgement of the reason for a system for measuring approvals versus denials, but it is there. You may call it what you wish, but a pile of your "bull" by any other name...comprende, hombre?

There are fairly constant percentages that SSA approves year in and year out at each level of the process. I suspect that any office that varies much from that percentage of approvals is going to get some serious attention, and pronto.

There are certain disabilities that, by policy, rate automatic approvals. The rest are not automatic, and many of the folks filing for them either give up or die before they ever get approved. Often, I think it is because they do not understand the need for a lawyer at the A.L.J. level.

The CEO where I once worked used to say "If you want to steal something, hire a thief." Now, most people filing for SSI/SSDI aren't trying to steal anything, but they need to understand the system. The system is set up for judges and lawyers. Anybody who doesn't understand how the system works is likely to get eaten alive by it. I'll always advise people to get a lawyer after the paper appeal is shot down. Going without a lawyer at the appeal level is like taking a knife to a gunfight; odds are you won't win.

• HadIt.com Elder

Social Security approved me in 4 months first round using VA info. It took VA 5.5 years with same info?

I think VA has quota of no more than 4% in any year over prior year. Someone has to get off the train for a claimant to get on it

• HadIt.com Elder

I do think their is a quota. It may not be written down but it is understood. There are maybe 3 million disabled vets, but only about 200,000 are 100% or IU. We are the elite of the broken down.