Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Obtain A Copy Of A C&p Exam?

Rate this question

Hoppy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The veteran I am helping was finally scheduled a C&P exam even though the case was previously denied without any exams. This forced me to obtain an IMO. The IMO is pretty strong. So now the VA scheduled a C&P exam. The veteran went to the exam and was informed that it is not a traditional exam and that the doctor was not asked to fill out and exam worksheet. The Dr. was asked to read the IMO and several other reports and comment on his findings.

I recall that the protocol for obtaining a copy of the C&P had changed. What is the recommended way to obtain a copy of this exam as soon as possible?

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

All,

Florida local VA medical center or regional office will give you the address and what is required to receive your C&P exam results. I would assume same in all states. Here is the flier I got from the Viera, Florida VA out Patient Clinic Today. Go to the Records and information office and ask.

IMG_20160205_0001.pdf

Even if the Dr only had to review the Vet's med records, a DBQ would have been requested and completed. If it were done at his VMC, the results will appear on his MHV account, usually within a week of the C & P.

If everything else fails, pack a lunch and stroll down to his RO. Walk-in requests to review the Vet's C-File are supposed to take place on a 1st come - 1st serve basis, M thru Friday 8-4pm.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

The veteran I am helping was finally scheduled a C&P exam even though the case was previously denied without any exams. This forced me to obtain an IMO. The IMO is pretty strong. So now the VA scheduled a C&P exam. The veteran went to the exam and was informed that it is not a traditional exam and that the doctor was not asked to fill out and exam worksheet. The Dr. was asked to read the IMO and several other reports and comment on his findings.

I recall that the protocol for obtaining a copy of the C&P had changed. What is the recommended way to obtain a copy of this exam as soon as possible?

x

x

x

As far as I know, the C&P Exam is supposed to be submitted electronically from the VARO --to the VBA within 24 hours ... and the FOIA/Privacy Office at the VA where the exam was done should be able to pull up a copy. I think the vet may have to file under the Privacy Act. ~Wings

" . . . The VA forms used to obtain C&P exam results (10-5345a-MHV or 10-5345) or any other information the VA keeps on YOU THROUGH YOUR REQUEST FOR YOUR RECORDS is really obtaining that information through the Privacy Act (Title 5 § USC 552a) NOT the Freedom of Information Act (Title 5 § USC 552). 38 CFR § 1.577 also allows such information to be released/accessed to/by you under the Privacy Act for records the VA keeps on you without having to use the forms - a simple letter citing 38 CFR § 1.577 to your VARO in your request for your records should suffice.

The reason I am making such a point out of this is because of the difference between these two Acts as far as redaction of the records to be sent/given to you (redaction refers to blacked out information OR information/records that will not be provided). Essentially, the Privacy Act does not typically support any redaction while the Freedom of Information Act does for certain information or records." http://vets.yuku.com/topic/28376/t/C-and-P...ston-salem.html

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

I would think that you could try "Release of Information" office at your local VAMC!

After my C&P, I waited a few days and then went to ROI!

Good Luck!

B6

United States Army 1990-2001

80% SC, 100% TDIU (P&T) w/SSDI

Operation Desert Shield/Storm - 1st Infantry Division

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hoppy,

The docs are supposedly given 10 business days to post their C&P results. After that, they can be obtained from the VAMC Release of Information office. I just did this last month, got mine about 6 days after my exams, and the clerk printed them on the spot. Please note that my C&P was done by VA staff physicians, not QTC contractors.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.