Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved Claim 1st Try With No Msr Available

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I am just wonder of the countless people who surf here has anyone had their claim approved for service connection on the first try without having their medical records available. I am just looking for some insite on what the claim consisted of and how it all went. How long ect. Thnx for any info you offer, just want to know am i on the right track.

thnx in advance.

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am just wonder of the countless people who surf here has anyone had their claim approved for service connection on the first try without having their medical records available. I am just looking for some insite on what the claim consisted of and how it all went. How long ect. Thnx for any info you offer, just want to know am i on the right track.

thnx in advance.

you are not on the "right track" if you plan on persuing a claim without the pertinent medical records.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

I was not clear. Of course not my choice. I seem to have a nack for not asking the right questions or making the right request. They lost my records. So I am asking of there are other people who have been in my situation that have had their claims be successful the first time. If they say they do not have the records and I dont have them I have no choice but to use what I have in the presuit of this.

So my question is. as stated above.

I did send the sf180 already they still say they dont have it.

thnx

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

• HadIt.com Elder

CM

File your claim to protect your effective date. This will give them, or you time to find your military records. One thing you might do is see if you can contact buddies from your outfit to swear that you were with them. You might be able to find your outfit on an internet website and be able to verify you were there. You need some sort of record of service to win a claim. Do you have a DD214? That proves you served. I don't think vets with military records win their claims the first time in many cases.

Yes I have all my DD214s That is intact. The service medical records is what they are saying they do not have.

so no one has been sc the first try unless they have medical records is that what you are saying. wow

CM

File your claim to protect your effective date. This will give them, or you time to find your military records. One thing you might do is see if you can contact buddies from your outfit to swear that you were with them. You might be able to find your outfit on an internet website and be able to verify you were there. You need some sort of record of service to win a claim. Do you have a DD214? That proves you served. I don't think vets with military records win their claims the first time in many cases.

Hadit did have a person who claimed to have gotten their claim approved the first time, but that person is no longer at hadit, so we are unable to confirm that this actually happened. This person, however, claimed they had all their records in order. Right now, it is pretty much just theoretically possible to get your claim approved correctly the first time, but I really have never heard of it actually happening for real.

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes I have all my DD214s That is intact. The service medical records is what they are saying they do not have.

so no one has been sc the first try unless they have medical records is that what you are saying. wow

The VA and NPRC (National Personnel Records Center) will try to "reconstruct" missing military records, but will first attempt to locate the records. Have you ever filed a VA Claim? You should contact NPRC http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-...nnel/index.html

See also RECORDS RECONSTRUCTION http://www.thememoryhole.org/nara/nprc/CRG/Reconstr.html#2

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)