Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Insurance Billed For Meds

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet friend 100% P & T for twelve plus years. He was low on meds & had doctor write few days to fill outside until his VA Meds arrived. The private insurance company told pharmacy couldn't pay because the same had been billed from VA recently. BTW, this is blood pressure meds & not some type of legal dope or whatever.

Where is this covered in CFR or other regs? Insurance companies don't question anything because it's the government & they don't want any problems. This just seems wrong but I don't know where to start looking.

Thanks,

Don

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

John they are probably just paying you back for making a nuisance with the insurance company I haven't had any problems about my percocets since that time last year when they messed up refilling the order in august and 2 weeks later I called the directors office and said the next time they wanted me to quit narcotics cold turkey like that I wish they would hospitalize me first as being a severe heart patient detoxing at home could have killed me 30 minutes later my primary care doc called and said the percocets were on the way that he did not want me off of them and he did not know why the Nurse who handled the refills had NOT done her job but in the future if I had any problems to please call him instead of the directors office rofl I bet but I haven't had any problems on any meds since then and he really is one of the better primary care docs I have had in the past decade and he has lasted longer than most we are on our 3rd year with him in our clinic that is like a record here most last a year at the most I have had the same shrink since I first walked in the door of mental health back in Jan 2003 and he's younger than I am so unless he gets promoted out of the area I expect I will die before he retires I sure hope so he's a good shrink he's also the Chief of Clinic

your problem John is you are just a trouble maker rofl

They won't even prescribe any painkillers for me.

Fortunately, my private sector surgeon is also a disabled veteran.

Back in 1994 the VA shrink called my private insurance provider and talked them outa paying for MENTAL.

The old fart wanted to put me in his lock-down ward and my response put Federal Marshals in my private residence.

My next door neighbor told them that I was building a bomb.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

Sledge

What were you building late at night with all the hammering and banging going on, and strange boxes being delivered to your house?

• HadIt.com Elder
Sledge

What were you building late at night with all the hammering and banging going on, and strange boxes being delivered to your house?

...probably working on a monster truck or that that Old's Toronado

Edited by Commander Bob

Vet friend 100% P & T for twelve plus years. He was low on meds & had doctor write few days to fill outside until his VA Meds arrived. The private insurance company told pharmacy couldn't pay because the same had been billed from VA recently. BTW, this is blood pressure meds & not some type of legal dope or whatever.

Where is this covered in CFR or other regs? Insurance companies don't question anything because it's the government & they don't want any problems. This just seems wrong but I don't know where to start looking.

Thanks,

Don

Don,

Do what I did and immediately stop giving them insurance information. After they billed my insurance a couple of times and took money from my medical savings account that my wife was unable to use as a result (I am 90 SC), I learned to tell them I have no insurance. It took me 6 months to get my insurance money back. I switched insurance at the next open season and am now uninsured as far as the VA knows.

Comrades,

I would love to expound upon my war stories in Social Chat.

sledge