Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Insurance Billed For Meds

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet friend 100% P & T for twelve plus years. He was low on meds & had doctor write few days to fill outside until his VA Meds arrived. The private insurance company told pharmacy couldn't pay because the same had been billed from VA recently. BTW, this is blood pressure meds & not some type of legal dope or whatever.

Where is this covered in CFR or other regs? Insurance companies don't question anything because it's the government & they don't want any problems. This just seems wrong but I don't know where to start looking.

Thanks,

Don

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
RE:Where is this covered in CFR or other regs? Insurance companies don't question anything because it's the government & they don't want any problems. This just seems wrong but I don't know where to start looking."

evandc,

I know you asked the above and to no answer. Dunno if an answer is really required. Noting will change and it does not matter what regulation covers it IMHO

Dave sends

Man if they started looking into it, the cost would be in the millions of Dollars. Some day the Big Companies like BCBC will wake the heck up and go after the money they have paid and didnt have to.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Chuck:

If they cannot recover from you Insurance they still cannot charge a Veteran 50% or over.