Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu And Voc Rehab

Rate this question

witchhouse

Question

If I get my 100% PTSD or IU can I get voc rehab. I am unemployable because I can not deal with people I have random outbursts of Rage. I would like to go to school and learn Computer programming this is something I could do at home and more than likely become employable again. There are courses at a State school that has the courses online. Would this be allowed as I am not employable now in the workplace but I believe I could be productive from my home with some education. I really don't want to retire I would like to become Gainfully employed.

Thanks in advance

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Really? Will Voc Rehab pay for an advanced degree? I thought they'd only pay through a bachelors.

I've dreamed of being a pharmacist, but coming up w/ the money for school is beyond me...

Guest DON20906

I believe the reg says post-secondary. That doesn't exclude a Pharm D, here's the procedure from the M28 Voc Rehab manual sec. 202

c. Educational and Vocational Training Services. Educational and vocational training services may be provided through a variety of resources to meet the needs of the individual veteran. Careful review of available approved resources must be made in selecting the appropriate source of services for a specific veteran. Case managers must be aware of the various ways by which a service may be provided so that maximum benefit to the veteran will be attained. Specific steps for approval of different types of education and vocational training services are listed in subparagraphs (1) through (9) below. The finding made as to facilities and courses will be incorporated in the plan.

(1) School Courses

(a) Review approval criteria in 38 CFR 21.292, 21.294 and 21.222

(:mellow: Review existing school catalogs, brochures, statements of charges, course outlines, and other agency approvals to determine the general suitability of courses and the costs of courses.

© Determine whether the catalog or other published documents meet the requirements of VAAR 871.201-2 and can be accepted in lieu of contract.

(d) If the course appears to be generally suitable,but additional specific information is needed or the facility has not been previously utilized under chapter 31, visit the facility to determine the adequacy of equipment, tools, educational resource materials, and accessibility to handicapped persons.

(e) Interview instructors, administrators, students and others to determine the quality of instruction and resources.

(f) Interview administrators to determine the adequacy of recordkeeping and progress reporting and secure and agreement to cooperate in timely providing accurate information on attendance, courses, and progress. Review samples of the school's records if possible.

(g) Decide whether approval of the facility or course will meet the goal or objective for the veteran,

(h) Execute [contract] and supporting documents, unless the facility is exempted from this requirement under VAAR 871.201-2 (see ch. 8, par. 8.04).

Really? Will Voc Rehab pay for an advanced degree? I thought they'd only pay through a bachelors.

I've dreamed of being a pharmacist, but coming up w/ the money for school is beyond me...

Guest DON20906

I just talked to a CPT in the Army who being medically discharged with 9 years for injuries in a parachute accident. I believe VA will pay to send him to law school. I have a call in to a Voc Rehab person at VACO. I'll let you know what she says.

I believe the reg says post-secondary. That doesn't exclude a Pharm D, here's the procedure from the M28 Voc Rehab manual sec. 202

c. Educational and Vocational Training Services. Educational and vocational training services may be provided through a variety of resources to meet the needs of the individual veteran. Careful review of available approved resources must be made in selecting the appropriate source of services for a specific veteran. Case managers must be aware of the various ways by which a service may be provided so that maximum benefit to the veteran will be attained. Specific steps for approval of different types of education and vocational training services are listed in subparagraphs (1) through (9) below. The finding made as to facilities and courses will be incorporated in the plan.

(1) School Courses

(a) Review approval criteria in 38 CFR 21.292, 21.294 and 21.222

(:mellow: Review existing school catalogs, brochures, statements of charges, course outlines, and other agency approvals to determine the general suitability of courses and the costs of courses.

© Determine whether the catalog or other published documents meet the requirements of VAAR 871.201-2 and can be accepted in lieu of contract.

(d) If the course appears to be generally suitable,but additional specific information is needed or the facility has not been previously utilized under chapter 31, visit the facility to determine the adequacy of equipment, tools, educational resource materials, and accessibility to handicapped persons.

(e) Interview instructors, administrators, students and others to determine the quality of instruction and resources.

(f) Interview administrators to determine the adequacy of recordkeeping and progress reporting and secure and agreement to cooperate in timely providing accurate information on attendance, courses, and progress. Review samples of the school's records if possible.

(g) Decide whether approval of the facility or course will meet the goal or objective for the veteran,

(h) Execute [contract] and supporting documents, unless the facility is exempted from this requirement under VAAR 871.201-2 (see ch. 8, par. 8.04).

• HadIt.com Elder

parachuting is an instrumentality of war so can this captain get disability retirement from the service and his separate VA disability?

Guest DON20906

He's being medically discharged, not retired, so CRSC does not apply here.

parachuting is an instrumentality of war so can this captain get disability retirement from the service and his separate VA disability?