Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Commission

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Are we falling asleep on the issue of the commission proposing to off-set SSDI

income that also pertains to S/C disability ?

Are the large organizations stepping up on this or governors, congress anyone with some clout ?

Do we need to be making massive phone calls and sending in petitions to block this ?

I see on their web-site they will be voting on it May 19th.

carlie

Edited by carlie

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that more will be hurt worrying about this issue than will actually have it change their benefits.

Guest jstacy

If they were going to review this issue based on that information, Why did they not relay their intentions in the first place. It looks like this is a smoke screen to hide their true agenda.

Dont bite this one, It has treble hooks.

Edited by jstacy

Greetings to all,

I have searched the internet and every news site and found nothing on outcome of the vsc meeting. I contacted a friend that is close to this issue., He informed me that a press release has not yet been given, and he informed me that it did not go well for the VSC. They were able to read many letters from federal Senators that if the commission goes foward with this review that they would unleash every available options,including now allowing the commission to have any access to any disabled veterans personal information in regards to weather or not the veteran receives SSD in regarsd to the privecy act. He also said that the commission was bombarded with over 225,000 e-mails against them.

From what I was told their were threats against them. If the information is true on this thread in regards to the outcome of the meeting, then indeed the commission has done a complete 180 on their position. They never stated in any press release in regards to wavering the credits for disabled veterans who apply for SSD. This if true????????????????????????????????????????????? would be a good thing, however anything that Buyer is a part of must be loked at very hard. He is a champion (in his own mind) against disabled vets.

God bless you all,

Bound4Heaven

• HadIt.com Elder

The idiots voted 11-2 to open the SSD records and compare them good thing we get a democratic congress before the republicans get to vote on it in 2007, that is our only safety net at this point, tax cuts for millioniares and disability cuts for disabled vets and families, is this what they call "compassionate conservatism"? I can't afford it...and neither can anyone else......

• HadIt.com Elder

TestVet

It just shows that the guys on the Commission are probably on someone's payroll whose mission is to cut benefits for vets. They are just a bunch of whores and prostitutes. I hope these Judas Goats are well paid. If my VA benefits are offset by SSDI that will mean that my federal pension and my VA benefits have been offset because of SSDI. I earned all of these benefits.

• HadIt.com Elder

All the emails and letters from veterans and the VSO's did not mean a thing to these whores. They already made up their minds to try and screw vets. How do these people sleep at night? I guess money acts like a sleeping pill. You know there will be payoffs for them down the line from grateful Republicans.