Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Commission

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Are we falling asleep on the issue of the commission proposing to off-set SSDI

income that also pertains to S/C disability ?

Are the large organizations stepping up on this or governors, congress anyone with some clout ?

Do we need to be making massive phone calls and sending in petitions to block this ?

I see on their web-site they will be voting on it May 19th.

carlie

Edited by carlie

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I, for one, did not vote for Bush or any republican. I would cut my hand off first. The only thing these guys are about is making rich people richer. That is not a state secret. They have utter contempt for working and middle class people.

Greetings,

I just received the vote of the Commission. I am greived to utter loathing. This is a sign of things to come. I will continue to write my Senators, and Reps. As I read the report I was unsure I was still in America. God bless you all.

Bound4Heaven

Guest jstacy

There will be no republican president in white house next term. Congress will also be under democratic control. If the election were held today, It would be a democratic landslide.

• Founder
The idiots voted 11-2 to open the SSD records and compare them good thing we get a democratic congress before the republicans get to vote on it in 2007, that is our only safety net at this point, tax cuts for millioniares and disability cuts for disabled vets and families, is this what they call "compassionate conservatism"? I can't afford it...and neither can anyone else......

Do you have a link to the vote I can't find on the Net.