Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Question On Partial Comp Payment

Rate this question

jlshand

Question

I have filed a claim for multiple conditions secondary to DM11.

If as I expect, most of the secondaries will be denied but the DM11 granted, will I have to wait for decisions on my NODS for the secondaries before being paid for the DM11????

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

jshand, I assume you are an in country Viet Nam Veteran exposed to agent orange. My DMII took about eight months and the secondary (neuropathy) took two years. I am now 94% paid at the 100% TDIU rate permenant and total. Good Luck. Terry Sturgis

jshand, I assume you are an in country Viet Nam Veteran exposed to agent orange. My DMII took about eight months and the secondary (neuropathy) took two years. I am now 94% paid at the 100% TDIU rate permenant and total. Good Luck. Terry Sturgis

Terry thanks for your response. Yes I am agent oange presumptive for DM!!...Did your grant and payments for the DM11 begin even tho the secondaries were still be delayed and denied??

Guest terrysturgis

jlshand, as soon as the DMII claim was approved my 20% pay started retro from the date of filing the claim. I did not know I had neuropathy till I discovered what to look for as secondary on the Hadit site. Berta was my helper for that information. Take care. Terry Sturgis

Thanks Terry

Glad to hear you finally won out. I go for my final (of three) C&P's tomorrow and this is the "killer"

Despite two IMO's from board certified internists and cardiologists that my heart problems are "at least as likely as not" caused / aggravated by my DM11, this guy tomorrow, an internist /cardiolgist contracted by the VA will UNDOUBTEDLY say they are NOT!

I know this like I know which direction the sun comes up in the western hemisphere!

They have scheduled me for yet another cardiac stress test despite my inclusion of my last one plus an arteriogram showing enlargement and coronary artery disease + full social security disability etc etc.

I doubt they have even read my claim past the part where it says the conditions I'm claiming!

Its for sure that any contracting MD better not give too many pro vet medical opinions for fear of losing VA business. its also for sure that tomorrow will be the first step in the VA game of deny, delay, die. I will ultimately win out provided I live long enough because my evidence places anything they come up with in equipoise which of course is decided in favor of the VET. BUT..... I"m sure they have had enough VETs give up to make their tactics pay for them

What a sick system! I wonder if anyone of us EVER has won conditions secondary to DM!! on the first round. About one percent at best. and he was proabbly a double amputee!!!

Thanks for your help . Im a bit steamed as you can tell but this system is really criminal!!!

Guest terrysturgis

If you read this before your C&P the best advice I could give is to be honest. When they ask you how you are feeling today do not say"Great". I do not say great but something like "I'm hanging in there" as how you dress and what you say wind up on the C&P report. After your exam go to the Release of Information office and FIO a request for a copy of your exams. It helps you plan your next move if you know what the examiner has reported. I will say try not to get discouraged but there isn't any one of us on this board that have not at times felt beat up by the non adversarial VA system at one time or another.

You are helping your claim by working the HADIT forum as "Knowledge is Power". Good Luck! Terry Sturgis

Terry,

These have all been contracted Docs, outside the VA formal sysytem. This is kind of interesting to me, I asked the Docs and the agency that set up the evaluations for the VA, if they werent supposed to have a copy of my claim form so as to properly evaluate the medical record inlight of their exams. Everyone of them failed to have the info!

The first who is an internist and, I understand, will put all the exam input together in a report to the VA, said" no we are not supposed to have your file so that we can make a completely "independent judgement on your condition to the VA

Sooooooo I wonder who is correct as I have always read on this board and others that they are REQUIRED to have this at the evaluation and that some ahve suggested we VETs should refuse the exam if the DOC didnt have the claim form.

Could this rule just be for inside the VA doc????? The agency that set the appts gave me the same message. What doyou think???

Terry,

These have all been contracted Docs, outside the VA formal sysytem. This is kind of interesting to me, I asked the Docs and the agency that set up the evaluations for the VA, if they werent supposed to have a copy of my claim form so as to properly evaluate the medical record inlight of their exams. Everyone of them failed to have the info!

The first who is an internist and, I understand, will put all the exam input together in a report to the VA, said" no we are not supposed to have your file so that we can make a completely "independent judgement on your condition to the VA

Sooooooo I wonder who is correct as I have always read on this board and others that they are REQUIRED to have this at the evaluation and that some ahve suggested we VETs should refuse the exam if the DOC didnt have the claim form.

Could this rule just be for inside the VA doc????? The agency that set the appts gave me the same message. What doyou think???