Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Barganing Prohibited

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

h. DRO Bargaining Prohibited

A DRO cannot make a bargain with an appellant or his/her representative by requesting or requiring him/her to withdraw a claim or take any action in exchange for the granting of any benefit.

Example: A DRO tells an appellant's representative that she will grant a 50 percent evaluation for PTSD if the appellant withdraws the claim for secondary service connection for hypertension.

A DRO is not prohibited, however, from discussing the lack of merit in any particular case or from encouraging the claimant or his/her representative to withdraw a meritless appeal.

Section C. Decision Review Officer (DRO) Review Process. Found on page 10.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I made a deal with my base personnel office,, I got very sick from the jet fuel (severe headaches, limbs swelling, blood, and severe edema.. and a doctor gave me a waiver which said I can no longer work with the petroleum chemcials, they made me sick.. so they gav eme a list to choose a new job from..

I went down the list and every job I picked I was told those jobs were only reserved for minorities. (I am white male)

So, I finally got a job they said ok.. it was to work in data processing on computers for a weather squadron,, I was working there for several weeks, and even receieved an award for a perfect job in my skills and converting the data...

then one day they told me my job has been swtiched to a new job, so they sent me to work at a graphics shop working with offest presses..

well it turned out in the printing business the rollers and drums on the presses use chemicals.. so I had to use trichloroethylene, which again, made my limbs swell up and bloody...

that destroyed the five years of duty I put into my work...

They made me sick all over again after the doctors and command agreed I was to sick from working with chemicals, yet they forced me into getting sick all over again..

I can go on with stories about getting screwed around..

but as far as the bargaining goes, I have no yet had this happen with my claims,, yet..

Edited by retiredat44

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Vync,

The VSO can offer a deal to the DRO - they do it on a regular basis.

Example - we will drop the headaches if your award the cervical DDD at 40 percent.

This makes the DRO's job easier.

jmho

Gotcha

count me in as one of those who lost their home (20 years ago), I to lost everything when my health failed me. I was treated like an animal..I had lost all my private health insurance. I actually went through the SSDI process first, and was horrified at how they treat sick people.. I then came to the VA.. I had already had several operations and was crippled... The fight continues... I had no idea how to navigate through these processes and if I had I would have never gone through all this hell for more than 20 years..

I truly would not know where to begin but I will try to make this short. You don't know how similar our situations are. Losing home, marriage, car, and living in a situation that was deplorable while VA denied our claims. What makes things even harder to digest is when they have all the information they need and you ask for a financial hardship to expedite your claims and only get a denials. I think that there are many veterans that can tell us horror stories that VA put them through for no good reason. I even worked for VA so I am totally irritated that they did not properly process my claims but I guess I realized when I had to quit that I was not one of them but just a regular veteran. I will end now because it still pisses me off that I knew people that could help but it seems that they tried to hurt my claims and put me through hell.