VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hospital Records

Rate this question

cooter

Question

I can prove more evidence on my claim, but my hospital records from FT. Benning, Ga. in 1976 are missing from my SMR's. Any ideas how to obtain them or am I out of luck?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Try to contact FT Benning and see what their record archive procedure.

Hopefully they will have them somewhere.

Edited by jbasser

Try to contact FT Benning and see what their record archive procedure.

Hopefully they will have them somewhere.

Thanks! It would certainly help if they did.

Tell the Regional Office that you had records at Ft Benning and they will send for them. They have no way of knowing where your hospital records are if you don't tell them. They are obligated to get records from any government agency. They ask you for the information in you VCAA/Duty to Assist Letter. They get your SMRs from the National Personnel Records Center. They have no way of knowing what is missing.

Tell the Regional Office that you had records at Ft Benning and they will send for them. They have no way of knowing where your hospital records are if you don't tell them. They are obligated to get records from any government agency. They ask you for the information in you VCAA/Duty to Assist Letter. They get your SMRs from the National Personnel Records Center. They have no way of knowing what is missing.

ok question

I was in MH ward of martin army community hospital ft benning. Sent for records twice, first time i was told MH records are not allowed to be given out, second time they gave them to me, the only thing i got was a report for the MH clinic, that sent me to MArtin, no intake at Martin, no doctors notes, no discharge paperwork, no copies of the profile not allowing me to handle weapons for a month, how the hell do i get them??

ok question

I was in MH ward of martin army community hospital ft benning. Sent for records twice, first time i was told MH records are not allowed to be given out, second time they gave them to me, the only thing i got was a report for the MH clinic, that sent me to MArtin, no intake at Martin, no doctors notes, no discharge paperwork, no copies of the profile not allowing me to handle weapons for a month, how the hell do i get them??

How long ago where you at martin hospital and do you know if that same hosp. was there in the early 70's.