Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Supervisor Threatens Me

Rate this question

Cruinthe

Question

So I pass out cards and generally BS with my fellow veterans when I am in the VARO waiting area. I spoke to one young man about his case. After the conversation, a VA supervisor walked up to him and loudly warned him to not listen to my advice, and not to talk to me at all.

Fast forward to today, I went in to the VARO to clarify an issue about my DRO hearing. I asked the same VA supervisor about the conversation he had with the young man, and I was warned again that I may not speak with anyone while waiting at the VARO.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

So I pass out cards and generally BS with my fellow veterans when I am in the VARO waiting area. I spoke to one young man about his case. After the conversation, a VA supervisor walked up to him and loudly warned him to not listen to my advice, and not to talk to me at all.

Fast forward to today, I went in to the VARO to clarify an issue about my DRO hearing. I asked the same VA supervisor about the conversation he had with the young man, and I was warned again that I may not speak with anyone while waiting at the VARO.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

no

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Your eloquence surpasses your beauty, larry :)

Well, English IS my "second language", so, the less I say, the fewer mistakes I make. Concerning you dilemma at the VA............I suppose that they can demand that you "sit down and shut up", after all, they got the guns.............................................:ph34r:

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Really depends on who the supervisor is. I think I would let it go but than sometimes I get cranky and you know how things can escalate. I really do not see how anyone at the VA can prevent two Veterans from sharing information.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The first amendment applies only until a VARO supervisor says it doesn't.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell the suit to go pound sand......ask him what he would say when you bring in the media.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.