Vets For Common Sense On Keith Olberman -New Presumptive's Agent Orange

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

http://www.msnbc.msn...964662#38964662

PLEASE KEEP POLITICAL COMMENTS TO YOURSELF, JUST PASSING ON INFORMATION

Edited by pacmanx1
Changed topic title to be more specific

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I had always had a deep suspicion that my generation failed in our duty....

Apparently we never understood the Greatest Generation or appreciated their sacrifices.

Well, they're dying out and we have to close up the ranks and press forward, do or die.

Thanks Alan for reminding me of my duty...

• HadIt.com Elder

If you respond to this thread keep in mind that honest discourse that is civil is ok as although this is political it directly involves Veterans issues that we as Veterans have to deal with.

Keith Olbermann is a very smart and generally sympathetic to Veterans but keep in mind he is also a man with an agenda.

I saw this piece that Pete posted and found it to be fair I just hope that it does not cause problems between members.

There are a couple of threads that mention this idiotic comment from Alan Simpson and I am more concerned with the issue which is now that the VA is trying to take responsibility and take care of Veterans is it now to expensive and politicians are going to try and weasel out of commitments made...

Dak your sentiment is shared by many but in my mind our Country has failed its Veterans no matter when they have served. We did not fail our politicians did.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I bet after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are wrapped up the finger pointing will start. I mean American taxpayers will have spent trillions for nothing. The guys who are heros today will be considered misfits and pathological in a few years just like after Vietnam. I bet in five years Americans will look back in horror at these wars and begin to blame the victims. After each war the walking wounded are kicked to the curb if they can't "snap out of it" in a year or two of coming home. After WWII the G.I.'s who did not adjust were considered basket cases and shown little sympathy. After Vietnam they were considered collateral damage. I think it will be the same in five years after the last true combat troop leaves the Iraq and Afghanistan. When the public gets tired of a war they soon get tired of the warriors. The Senator Simpson's of the world always think people are basically lazy and want a free ride because that is what they have always gotten from the public. All these politicians in Washington are true parasites.

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember the mainstream media was behind the Vietnam war and the wars in the Gulf 100%. CNN made its reputation showing Iraq getting hit with so-called smart bombs. It was the best thing that ever happened to the 24 hour a day media. War sells soap. The Gulf War was best entertainment on the

air for weeks. Anything you see on TV has gone through media censors and has had all the power sucked out of it. The newspapers are good only for bird cages.

• HadIt.com Elder

Guess I'll have to miss it. I refuse to watch anything that requires me to watch a 30 second commercial, ...

pr

I agree PR.. Sometimes you can X out the advertisements first. I didn't get a commercial with this one... Maybe my computer security program knocked it off, or you may have picked up a spam virus or malware??? Anyway, I watched it... John999 sums it up well...

“In times of war, and not before,

God and the soldier men adore;

When the war is o’er and all things righted,

The Lord’s forgot and the soldier slighted.”

Rudyard Kipling

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"