Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E Benifits Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I recently have been sending NODS, ect to the VA and today noticed a open claim that stated"Freedom of information act/privacy act request claim." What is this for? Did my stupid VSO submit a claim for me and screwed it up , forgot to submit some important document that I was to sign. I states medical info received. I am sending my own request for reconsideration with an explanation of what I was claiming, missed medical info and a detailed explanation including that I had an ignorant VSO who I have replaced.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My personal experience with eBenefits has proven a few things: 1) information is always outdated 2) documents received show up for each and every condition and are not filtered by the specific C&P claim you're looking at 3) Talk to your VSO and find out exactly where your claims are, and what they may have done on your behalf regarding those claims.

Reason: your VSO may know that a specific form in required, or in my case, expand your claim based on what they've seen of your record. I initially only requested a hearing for increasing the bi-lateral factor for my knees, yet the appeal was filed for all joints affected by the arthritis. My VSO said it was better to look at all joints, and make the VA prove the conditions were not 'prior service'.

Others here may have a different answer - all of us seem to have had different experiences with VSOs filing claims on our behalf. Remember, if you have a VSO, you signed a POA. If you have anything in Appeal, you cannot change your VSO (as I was told yesterday; considering firing mine because I can't get information let alone personal contact with her when I email questions; usually once a month to check status of claims).

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

can you still sign up for ebenifits through the healtyvet protal. i am asking because i cannot seem to get in there otherwise.... it keeps saying i am not in there. please let me know

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

can you still sign up for ebenifits through the healtyvet protal. i am asking because i cannot seem to get in there otherwise.... it keeps saying i am not in there. please let me know

I have been told that this is not working right. I also was told to call the 800# listed as help for the ebenefits site and they will give you the proper password to get in. I must warn you I have not tried this and just gave up.

My personal experience with eBenefits has proven a few things: 1) information is always outdated 2) documents received show up for each and every condition and are not filtered by the specific C&P claim you're looking at 3) Talk to your VSO and find out exactly where your claims are, and what they may have done on your behalf regarding those claims.

Reason: your VSO may know that a specific form in required, or in my case, expand your claim based on what they've seen of your record. I initially only requested a hearing for increasing the bi-lateral factor for my knees, yet the appeal was filed for all joints affected by the arthritis. My VSO said it was better to look at all joints, and make the VA prove the conditions were not 'prior service'.

Others here may have a different answer - all of us seem to have had different experiences with VSOs filing claims on our behalf. Remember, if you have a VSO, you signed a POA. If you have anything in Appeal, you cannot change your VSO (as I was told yesterday; considering firing mine because I can't get information let alone personal contact with her when I email questions; usually once a month to check status of claims).

I am using the same organization-I just am not having one idiot help me as the other VSO that works on a different day does it the correct way. You can use a different VSO as long as its the same group think.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ebenefits suck. It is only as good as the RO you have.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ebenefits does not work in my VARO region. Not that it would matter much with the St. Pete VARO. They just create fiction anyway. The RO's get creative writing award.