Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E Benifits Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I recently have been sending NODS, ect to the VA and today noticed a open claim that stated"Freedom of information act/privacy act request claim." What is this for? Did my stupid VSO submit a claim for me and screwed it up , forgot to submit some important document that I was to sign. I states medical info received. I am sending my own request for reconsideration with an explanation of what I was claiming, missed medical info and a detailed explanation including that I had an ignorant VSO who I have replaced.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I recently have been sending NODS, ect to the VA and today noticed a open claim that stated"Freedom of information act/privacy act request claim." What is this for? Did my stupid VSO submit a claim for me and screwed it up , forgot to submit some important document that I was to sign. I states medical info received. I am sending my own request for reconsideration with an explanation of what I was claiming, missed medical info and a detailed explanation including that I had an ignorant VSO who I have replaced.

Why don't you go back to your stupid/ignorant VSO that you replaced and ask him?? Sometimes I get so tired of hearing people fire off on VSO's and the VA. There are some good VSO's in here and at the VA.

Why don't you go back to your stupid/ignorant VSO that you replaced and ask him?? Sometimes I get so tired of hearing people fire off on VSO's and the VA. There are some good VSO's in here and at the VA.

I would except he longer works as a VSO,(he just finished training?) it looks like I am not the only one that was unhappy with this ignorant VSO, I had replace him with a VSO who has been doing this for over 2o years, ans yes there are some good ones and some bad apples. The problem is finding that good one the first time

someone please tell me how you got access to your files or claims. also are you a veteran or spouse of deceased veteran. I have called everywhere trying to get access to my appeals claim and I can not find anyone who can help. I received my authencity in July and got logged in but nothing after that.

Cool Breeze,

I'm not sure what it's about but when I requested my c-file a few months back I noticed the same E-benefits "Freedom of information act/privacy act" after wards. Maybe there's a connection to a request for your c-file or other information?

Personally, E-Benefits hasn't shown to be beneficial in my situation.

CHR49

Cool Breeze,

I'm not sure what it's about but when I requested my c-file a few months back I noticed the same E-benefits "Freedom of information act/privacy act" after wards. Maybe there's a connection to a request for your c-file or other information?

Personally, E-Benefits hasn't shown to be beneficial in my situation.

You are so correct. Thats exactly what that was. The 800# told me that they opened a case to do that. I guess I can expect a u-haul truck to deliever this in about 6 months. The VA opens a case just for about anything and e-benifits never tells you what it is. I requested that 3 months ago