Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Rated Veterans Automatic Ssdi

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

The link below goes to the bill that was proposed last year by Sarbanes from MD and his 74 co-sponsors for some reason it has not been acted on yet and is sitting at the committee "ways and means"

I think this would help a lot of veterans including myself who is worn out fighting with the VA for their rating and then have to fight the SS for SSDI for basically the same condition.

I would like to see this passed this year. If you agree please send a email to your senator/congress person and ask for their support on this.

Thank you, Stillhere

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.4054:

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Gentlemen, You present these facts as though they are contrary to the issue we are discussing. The reality is that we are all discussing the same issue. If I am a farmer who lost chickens to the foxes, do I suffer any more than the farmer who has so many chickens that he loses a percent of them to the foxes? If you have a different perspective for me to understand, then please make sure it is different, not the same, but from a different perspective. As long as you (John and Chuck) seem to be on the opposite side, then we are divided and going to lose. But as long as you realized our desires and goals are similar, then we will achieve victory. If you do not realize it, then (according to my judgement system) you are a third party that is just as useless as the other parties.

• HadIt.com Elder

The way I understand it, if a bill doesn't pass and gets stuck in committee, then it just fades away. Someone else will have to reintroduce the bill again, and hope it makes it through to a house vote.

It is already dead. It died in committe last year. Hopefully it will be re introduced.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

The big difference between being rated 100% by the VA and disabled by the social security administration is this:

You can reach a 100% rating (scheduler) by the VA with no rating that is 100% because they add disabilities. This is how I got to 100%

The SSDI requires that you be 100% disabled, which is an entirely different thing. You can have a 70% rating for anxiety for depression from the VA and 50% rating for your back and so on, but if they don't make you totally disabled in the social security folks eyes, then you won't get it.

The weird part was I was disabled by the SSDI for something I only received a 30% rating from the VA, migraine headaches. The same headache diary was used for both

Edited by huskerfanfl

Tim

Vet and proud of it

Thanks man. I am 100% service connected for PTSD, depression and another mental condition. beyond that, I am 30% for other service connected conditions. I have never asked them to consider the stuff that happened in my non-military life.

• HadIt.com Elder

Both the SSA and VA disability processes can be really bizarre in the decisions and reasoning.

A friend of ours ran a "mom&pop" painting business. He became disabled, due to back and heart problems. SSA refused to grant total disability, saying that although he could no longer climb ladders, etc.,

he could hire someone to do that, and still "run" the business. However, the business had no employees, and relied on his personal ability and skills. The case was lost in appeals as well.

The VA traditionally has tried to negate "At least as likely as not" and other provisions in the laws that give the veteran an "advantage". One common VA tactic is to turn "no evidence" to "negative evidence".

In the process, the VA and the BVA also has ignored "combat veteran status", which can make a veterans statements have much more weight, and difficult to refute.

The big difference between being rated 100% by the VA and disabled by the social security administration is this:

You can reach a 100% rating (scheduler) by the VA with no rating that is 100% because they add disabilities. This is how I got to 100%

The SSDI requires that you be 100% disabled, which is an entirely different thing. You can have a 70% rating for anxiety for depression from the VA and 50% rating for your back and so on, but if they don't make you totally disabled in the social security folks eyes, then you won't get it.

The weird part was I was disabled by the SSDI for something I only received a 30% rating from the VA, migraine headaches. The same headache diary was used for both