Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Question

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

If I go the my Regional VA office and ask to see my C-File (Claims File) will I be able to see it there immediately? Or do I have to get an appointment and come back? In other words, can I just walk in, go the desk, ask to see it, and sign the release (if any?).

Thanx..

I wonder if they lose records... and worry they lose them... (or even throw them out and shred them..)

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I suppose it would depend on claim activity and size. I just requested the whole thing by mail and in a few weeks they sent it to me.

CAS

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

If I go the my Regional VA office and ask to see my C-File (Claims File) will I be able to see it there immediately? Or do I have to get an appointment and come back? In other words, can I just walk in, go the desk, ask to see it, and sign the release (if any?).

Thanx..

I wonder if they lose records... and worry they lose them... (or even throw them aout and shread them..)

I would call the 800# and ask for how your particular RO handles viewing of your C-file.

As far as losing or destroying contents of a vets C-file there have been many reports of this occurring over the years. That is another reason a veteran should get a copy of their C-file and also keep any copies of what they send in to keep it current.

I suppose it would depend on claim activity and size. I just requested the whole thing by mail and in a few weeks they sent it to me.

CAS

thanx. sorry for the mispellings...

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

I talked to my VSO who's office it at the VA reginal office where the C-File is at. She told me that my file is with the DRO and my hearing is only a month or two away.. so she says don't worry and she wil check fo rme, but that it wil be fine and at the hearing I will see my files.. with my representative there with me..

• HadIt.com Elder

I talked to my VSO who's office it at the VA reginal office where the C-File is at. She told me that my file is with the DRO and my hearing is only a month or two away.. so she says don't worry and she wil check fo rme, but that it wil be fine and at the hearing I will see my files.. with my representative there with me..

You can still ask the VARO to review your file prior to your hearing.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

The VARO's work as a little kingdom and you are a serf. I had an appt to view file, showed up at the time stated and was not given the opportunity to see file. Lady kept asking what did I want to see. I finally asked to see my service medical records and she said when the lady returns tomorrow she would copy and send them to me! Four months later still waiting. What was funny was several days later I received a call from RO and they wanted to know if I still wanted to view my file. I told the fellow what had transpired earlier that week and he said that he would send them to me. STILL WAITING.

Don't know what I am going to do yet but I'm not giving up. I am waiting for several claims to come to end so I won't rock the boat yet..

Dave

Edited by rotorhead