Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Press Release - Disability Benefits Questionaires

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

I saw this discussed elsewhere, and thought it might be great news for some of us... especially when we're using a private doctor. This should make things more streamlined and uniform for the VA practitioners, and make it easier for a private doctor to cross all the VA t's.

Right?

Here's the headline & the link:

New Medical Forms Will Streamline Veterans Claims Process

Physician Questionnaires to Boost Disability Exam Efficiency

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1987

The part I like:

For Veterans who receive their care from private physicians, VA has placed the disability benefits questionnaires on its Internet site (http://www.vba.va.gov/disabilityexams) with instructions for physicians to submit examination results on Veterans’ behalf.

There's a "remarks" section where a private doctor could write in the Nexus Statement. If the VA will accept this form as a true evaluation, then they should accept any nexus that it contains, right?

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

We could only hope. After asking my dermatologist for a letter supporting the weekly use of Humira for psoriasis even though it was prescribed by rheumatology (and her refusing to do so), it would have been a help during my C&P.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Interesting. This could open the door to having your exam performed by a physician who knows you and with whom you trust.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

One thing is you don't want any medical records going to the VA unless you have a chance to screen them yourself.

That's a very good point. I looked over the one for Parkinson's, and I don't see anything that states the VA would have access to the Dr's records, just that they may (might?) obtain other information or perform other exams. I read that to mean that the Dr. can fill out the form, but the VA will still possibly do their own exam and use other sources of information to make their determination.

Am I reading that right?

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

The forms cover only the three new AO presumptives but the VA web site adds this:

" * Hairy Cell, B-Cell Leukemias...

* Ischemic Heart Disease

* Parkinson's Disease

Note: Additional questionnaires covering other conditions are expected in the future."

It would be GREAT if the PTSD forms appear there.

A Big gripe I have had with the new PTSD regs is that they depend on the diagnosis of PTSD solely from a VA doctor,and tht seems to defy the veteran's ability to have a non VA diagnosis.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

hore$hit! the damned claims people don't even use the IMO's we give them.. this is just blowing smoke up our butts..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg