Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Can I Word This Claim

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I was medically retired from my Civilian job as a result of SC condition. I have SC hypertension. My PTSD which is non SC, but the migraines that I was retired for in addition to PTSD I am SC for. What I know is that under Chpt 38 if a SC condition is aggrivated or worsened by a non SC injury or disease that the non SC issue may be rated ? Am I reading that correct? It is my understanding I can make the claim but not being a Doctor how do I get that in writing? My mental health counselor told me that he could see a relationship to things or situations that cause my blood pressure to increase. I have chronic pain from my back My mental health Doctor suggested that also was a source of increased anxiety.

I have an appointment at the end of the month but things for me have spiraled out of control. My wife left me as I am too much trouble in her words which I am. I cannot dress myself without daily help i am not on a pity kick it is just know what the VA can do. I have to wait on the VA to get things straightened out that is an impossible dream. That being said I have some claims in right now but i am waiting for them to get through before I apply for anything I am only looking at this claim should the VA deny my other claims. any advice or thoughts I really need to figure out how to see if i have standing to file a claim.

Mt time line is as follows medically retired in 2001 hurt in 1997 but continued trying to work until forced out. i was diagnosed with PTSD/Migraines but was only SC for migraines a few years back. I applied for benfits in 2002 for hypertension. My issues were since I was SC for Migraines secondary to SC Hypertension which was thrugh the roof with the things I have had in my life. i have learned that keeping to myself helps a whole lot the less I have to deal with people the better. I tried to list everything so that you could get the picture of what I am up against.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My time line is as follows medically retired in 2001 hurt in 1997 but continued trying to work until forced out. i was diagnosed with PTSD/Migraines but was only SC for migraines a few years back. I applied for benefits in 2002 for hypertension. My issues were since I was SC for Migraines secondary to SC Hypertension which was through the roof with the things I have had in my life. i have learned that keeping to myself helps a whole lot the less I have to deal with people the better. I tried to list everything so that you could get the picture of what I am up against.

Did you experience a PTSD stressor while in the service?

Hang in there 'oldman273', you are not alone.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Did you experience a PTSD stressor while in the service?

Hang in there 'oldman273', you are not alone.

yes i did I was hurt got blown up in a shower unit in Korea on operation Bear hunt in 1986, In my medical records. I slashed my hand with a meat grinder cut both my hands pretty bad had to run across the way to the base Medic clinic. I just seemed to always be the one who got hurt. A jeep wreck on Guard duty in 1986. I was driving across the yard at 1st tracked vehicle Btn and hit one of those concrete barriers just caught the tip of the front bumper but it was hard enough to bend the bumper into the wheel. I was knocked out. The duty Officer came running up and found me. I was like the cartoon beatle bailey. I apriciate the advice i am grateful for my children they help me get dressed when they come stay with me. I always feel like I get the shaft when submiting a claim some people in the VA will word a claim just plain wrong or what they want it to say not what you mean. That is why this time i came to the experts. Thanks have a good weekend.

yes i did I was hurt got blown up in a shower unit in Korea on operation Bear hunt in 1986, In my medical records. I slashed my hand with a meat grinder cut both my hands pretty bad had to run across the way to the base Medic clinic. I just seemed to always be the one who got hurt. A jeep wreck on Guard duty in 1986. I was driving across the yard at 1st tracked vehicle Btn and hit one of those concrete barriers just caught the tip of the front bumper but it was hard enough to bend the bumper into the wheel. I was knocked out. The duty Officer came running up and found me. I was like the cartoon beatle bailey. I apriciate the advice i am grateful for my children they help me get dressed when they come stay with me. I always feel like I get the shaft when submiting a claim some people in the VA will word a claim just plain wrong or what they want it to say not what you mean. That is why this time i came to the experts. Thanks have a good weekend.

On that Jeep wreck, did you get cut up on the head? they stitch you up at Camp Red Cloud? I might have been there.

On that Jeep wreck, did you get cut up on the head? they stitch you up at Camp Red Cloud? I might have been there.

Nope I was treated for Jeep wreck on Okinawa at Camp Schwab in Japan. The shower unit exploding sucked as I got blew through the shower tent and was not able to finish my shower I hurt for about a week after that but on ship all the corpmans did for me was bed rest which helped but no documentation other than bed rest chit wish I had kept them. Thanks for the thought I was so happy to leave that cold country you have my respect...

If anyone worked at Camp scwhabb in December 1986 in the medical unit with first tracks or in 1987-1989 MCAS beaufort in theedical field I have my medical records but now way to identify the individual persons who worked on me. Have a good day and thanks...

Berta that was an excellent post. I agree with Jbasser you should try for IU. It seems you have a nexus for being unemployable based on SC'd injury. I also think at the very least you are depressed because of your service connected issues. I am fighting to get my high blood pressure sc'd. I wish you the best and hope you keep fighting and living to spite the VA. Good luck.

/doc