Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do You Think About E-Benifits

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I called the 800# to ask a question about my claim with the rating team and the discussion turned to e-benefits. The rep asked me what I thought about the site. I let him know that there were a lot of vets that were unable to get to a VA hospital to sign up. It appears he was actually doing a survey at the conclusion of my issue as the VA wants to know what needs to to be done to make it more easier to use. My suggestions: offer more sites to enroll, lets VETS know how and where to go, and walk them through the entire process as there is a lot of vets who are not familiar with using a computer-logging in, and knowing how to use the site.offer a better status then what is currently given. He said the e-benefits site doesn't state anything different than they do. Well, by providing more better information that would cut down on the 800# calls, save the tax payer money. Also I let him know when you send a letter in it doesn;t state what it is, just medical information received ,ect. When a VSo sends a letter in, it would be nice to know that particular letter was received-not just a generic statement that is meaningless as it takes forever to get something inputted into the system.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When they first started this "ebenefits" thing, I tried to get on the site. As you all know, that was, basically, impossible! Three phone calls and I still had no usable information. So, me being the type person that I am (some say I'm an as*hole, some say I'm persistent) I made up my mind that I WOULD get on this site, regardless. So, I made my way down to the VA Hospital (they said that you could get your access information there). Yeah, RIGHT! I went to the med records dept., they asked everyone that worked in that dept. if anyone knew about this new "ebenefits" thing..............thought they were gonna call the guys in the little white coats on me. Then one of them suggested that I probably could go to the medical LIBRARY at the hospital, that THEY knew about this stuff. Yeah, OKAY, except that the person "working" in the library was actually just keeping a chair warm until the REAL "librarian" got back off a two-week vacation. SO, I'm NOW p*ssed, OKAY! So, I get in my car and I drive to Waco, TX (100 some odd miles away) and walk in there and tell them I want to get on the "ebenefits" site...............................and.....................the head guy with the gun has me sitting in his office, trying to explain WHY I wanted to gain access to a DOD-sensitive site....................................I weasel-talked myself outta being handcuffed and slowly snuck myself back to Dallas. THREE months later I finally was able to get on to this WONDERFUL SITE, only to find that there is NOTHING THERE other than a website that is (1) Impossible to navigate (2) Useless. Last month I did the "reorder hearing aid batteries" thing on the ebenefits site and GUESS WHAT............................it didn't work and I wound up buying batteries at Sam's Club.

Lovely.

"and that's all I've got to say about that.........."

Forest G.

Larry-sorry to hear about the run around. I have full access-there are 2 levels-you need the higher one. Sounds like you have some very incompetent staff working in your area. In Tucson, the E-benefits is in the same office where you do your initial exam, or compensation exam in the waiting room. I'm taking a road trip to LAs Vegas for a few days and if you still have an issue with this issue when I get back, I will personally research this to get you some answers. This is totally unsatisfactory and unacceptable. Especially since they did a survey with me a few weeks ago on the 800# when I called to check on my claim status. I don't believe what I see on E-benefits so I call the 800# to verify, and the answer always is the same-"we see the same information that you do". Just as well to disregard the site and the 800# till you get a letter or check deposit. If you think this is like looking at your bank statement on line you will be in for a shock. You look at it-its says your decision is with the rating for 1-3 months, then back down to development and so forth. The only positive news is when is says the case is closed, then you know you have a decision whether it is good or bad. Final verdict-a total waste of time. The few Vets that do have access aren't provided with up to date information. It would be better if they just e-mail you with the status of claim-but no-that's violating a zillion government privacy regs.

Ebenefits does not work for many Veterans and signing up at Hospital is not all that important. I signed and have myhealthevet login and still could not get ebenefits to work. It took them over 3 months to respond to a simple email and than did not get a helpful answer.

I went to the VA 3x asking and got no where.. they treated me like i was stupid... I am surprised there is a new thread on this,, E-Benefits is a joke, and the VA is totally clueless about it..

the phones never connect to a live person..

myhealth website works, but is only good for re-ordering meds that do not require a doctor to sign for them for refill..

at least that helps..

Beware of the info you get it seems it is only as current as the VARO is at updating. Houston is months behind

Youi are 100% right. But more important the cite doesn't reallyi offer anything of benefit to any veteran.. it is just another resource to get flustrated with.

Teac is right. I once saw a sign that says, "I must be a mushroom...they keep me in the dark and feed me Bullsh**"

The VA thinks we are mushrooms.

About the only thing that e benefits cite is used for is for the Secretary to award huge contracts to friends and family for developing a website that is useless to Veterans.

I also tried to get hearing aid batteries ordered at ebenefits website, and wound up ordering them by phone when they never showed up. The Ebenefits site is a "no show" DOA. More political promises, and less about helping Vets.

Two of my claims changed from Determination to Notification in eBenefits today. Good information as far as I am concerned.

Thats wonderful news-how long were your claims in determination, what state? It appears my state in AZ is suddenly slowing claims down once they hit the rating board. Another VET friend thanks they are in a holiday stand down where they work half days for the rest of the month for the holidays. Not surprised. I don't utilize just the ebenefts site-call the useless 800, and they advised the claims was looked at in development-shuffled to the rating board where there is a huge back log!