VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Surprise At Doctor's Office

Rate this topic

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is being posted in the right area. This is not at a VA medical office, but at a private practice. I have been going to this office for medical care since 1973. My Doctor told me that if my wife and I want to remain with him, we would have to pay him $1500.00 each per year over and above his medical fees. He would limit his patient load to 450, and give us access to him 24/7. Sometimes, a man has to do something that he does not want to do, in my case I did not want to go to a VA medical facility for care, but with the way things are looking in the private medical world, I may not have a choice.

Papa

Sorry, I doubt I would ever consider anything like this, regardless of how good he/she is. To me it's simply a good way for doctors to get lazy and get paid for a service they don't intend to give. It's a win, win for him/her and doesn't give the patient any more care or services than he's had in the past. I think it's just another way to rape people that are having trouble surviving this economy already. That's just my opinion.

Money wise, this doctor is assured of making $675000 per year without doing a thing...once he reaches 450 patients. Since he/she is an established physician the only difficulty is reaching that magic number and his current patients will most like do it since they are established with him and will fear finding somebody that will treat them right. Then he gets to bill the insurance company you are also paying for, that should take care of his practice running costs, plus some. He most likely won't need as many employees to handle his smaller work load...more money in his pocket. I realize malpractice insurance isn't cheap these days, but I really think this is an outrageous. Makes me wonder what this world is turning into!

Edited by chr49

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Papa,

Would you still have to pay a co-pay when you see the doc, assuming you have a co-pay?

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync I would hope not you could go 2 x a month and still not get your moneys worth at 1500 a year 1500/26 would be 57.86 a visit I see my VA doc about twice a year that would be 750.00 a visit I can't see it

There is no way that I will do this. It is $3000.00 for both me and the wife. We would still have to pay co-pays, etc. My wife will need to find another doctor. I hate to go to the VA, and if I can not find a civilian doctor I just may have to. Ironically, one of my best tax clients is a VA Doctor, but I keep it professional. But, I do trust him. I can understand why my current doctor is doing this, 2000+patients, works 7 days a week, 0530 to 10:30 at night, no family life, can not give people the care they need, so much new forms and regs from the feds , will not take medicare patients anymore. Like he said, medical care is changing, and not for the best.

Papa

Edited by carlie
edited for political reasons

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, there is a group of doctors located in the hospital/medical complex where my Wife works that have initiated this type of practice. It's called "Concierge Medical Care". It is their answer to the "round-the-clock" medical practice that they have been living with since med school. I do not blame them, they are all very good doctors. By doing this they were able to include internal medicine, family practice, general surgeons, dermatologist, even an oral surgeon and a couple of dentists. And, when you call them, or the ER calls them at 2am...........SOMEBODY shows up, and you're not left with whomever the nurse could find at that time of the AM.

There are several of these practices popping up around.