VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

Hello, In August 2008 I got Prostate cancer, remove it October 2008. In January 2009 psa started go and by June 2009 psa was high enough to start Radiation treatment in July 2009. Watch my psa go slowly back up and by march of 2010 doctor's said they could help me should go to MD Anderson in Houston. Tx. At time I was told by a fellow Vet it could AO and i should go VA hospital. Went to MD Anderson and the Cancer in Lymph nodes and they said the Prostate cancer had metastatic. When i went VA Hospital to the Vietnam Vet. and found out about type II Diabetes, IHD. It is now January of 2011 and VA recieved all medical record and i went and my C and P at the VA Hospital in October 2010. How long should it take to get to the rater. This so file the next problem's am having.

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm giving a update to the 4 1/2 year fight of the prostate cancer from Agent Orange. Zytiga drug has kept it in control for a year with little growth. The tumor's are still there, but grown little or none. The doctor's at MD Anderson cancer center said another six month maybe Zytiga. Having a lot of side effect, pain, HOT FLASHES. If I don't take it, I will be pushing up daisy!

PN continues to attack me at all parts of the body with increase pain and burning.

Last August 2012 had another heart attack and back to exercising again!

Depression is a continuous fight and all the other mind effect.

DMII still a problem, but a small problem.

Oh, by the way bowel disfunction, really messywacko.png

"Oh, by the way bowel disfunction, really messywacko.png"

I appreciate your sense of humor on that but I wondered has VA considered you for the SMC HB award? (HB Housebound)

Berta, I get SMC housebound, SMC loss of creative organ, and 60% for bowel disfunction. I'm SSDI since last August.

Thank you for all YOU do for us the Veteran!

I am at a real loss, was stationed in the Philippine Islands for 18 mos. developed the CRUD..lasted 17 years,then it was gone, followed by my first heart attack, followed by two cancers, both removed. Doctors submitted a note to VA stating that the cancers could be related to exposure and should be considered with my claim, next came a bowel blockage, again removed. Next was a regular stent to help heart function in preperation for my first aneurysm, currently corrected with a "graft stent", followed by the discovery of another aneurysm that has to develope to a certain size before they operate ?? still waiting and watching...Next was a "widow-maker" heart attack, which the doctor refered to as "ischemic heart disease", at this time I have chronic fatigue, muscle weakness, headaches and I have become very "short" with my attitude. I went to VA for help in filing a claim, however, I was told, at the local VA office, that I could not file a claim reference to the Philippine Islands, as I would Never Win..so he recommended that I file a claim ref. to the USS Okinawa, which I was on...however, the VA claims that they can only find me on this ship in December, when the ship was no where near Vietman..DENIAL...Still the Philippine Islands are considered by many as being one heck of a TOXIC Dump !! What TO DO ? Where do I locate a good attorney ?? Let me Re-Enlist,! THE MILITARY CAN PAY FOR ALL OF THIS..Any help Please...I WILL APPRECIATE IT....thank you..

Bite Me , if that ship the USS Okinawa had ALL ready been to Vietnam and is on the list of ship toxic with AO. The VA should give you some medical support and I would think the Philippine Islands was a test ground for a lot of thing used in Vietnam.

Berta would be the one to ask about that.

Good Luck

Here is the updated ships list from VA

Due to the weather I cant get to this link to see if your ship is on it......

When were you in the Philippines? Were you part of the 7th Fleet?

Blue Water Navy (www.bluewaternavy.org) is trying to get the AO Equity Act bill passed so that all Blue Waters who were exposed to AO can get compensated for it.

All that info is at BlueWaterNavy.org.