VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sec. Shinseki Contacts Larry

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Not only was this a kind act on the Secretary's part as reported near the end of this article but this article also reveals how important VAWatchdog was and is and the true purposes of Larry's site which , fportnately is now under Jim Strickland's pervue as VAWatchdogToday:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/01/failing_health_forces_a_changi.html

Both Larry and Jim have altered the lives of veterans and their dependents, which is our goal here too.

I am very proud to be affiliated with both Hadit and VAWAtchdog and very grateful that Larry's archives are still intact at his old site.

I am even proud of Secretary Shinseki for the respect he and the VA has shown to Larry.Yes they (VAWatchdog)have been pressured NOT report certain stuff but we as claimants, veterans and widows do have the right to know and the info is published at VA Watchdog.

Larry is very ill,has good days and bad days.I guess it isnt politiclly correct to ask you here to pray for him.

But I sure do.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Hello All Hope All Is Well.

My Prayers go out to him as well his Family. And thank you for your service this is more than words can express. Thank You and I will pray for all.

I guess it isnt politiclly correct to ask you here to pray for him.

But I sure do.

Berta and all members,

That's absolutely fine - no problems at all with prayer requests.

A simple prayer request or asking members for good wishes on something

has nothing to do with posting scripture or someone starting

religious discussions on the board.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta and all members,

That's absolutely fine - no problems at all with prayer requests.

A simple prayer request or asking members for good wishes on something

has nothing to do with posting scripture or someone starting

religious discussions on the board.

You know that is such a relief to hear that we can ask for prayer on hadit. Last month I had a radio cather ablation done on my heart in Orem, Utah and had I known it was okay to ask for prayer from my friends at hadit, I would have. The procedure was done because about a week and a half before that I had a treadmill test where I had SVT with a heart rate of about 250 beats per minute. When I got to Utah I was in atrial fibrillation on a Friday and then the procedure was done a couple of days later to correct the SVT, atrial fibrillation, and atrial flutter. The electrophysiologist who treated me in Utah believed my problem was caused by scar tissue from a heart surgery I had in 1992 for the SVT. I am much better now and my hands and feet are no longer cold. I feel much better but I am still on warfarin, a blood thinner. Hopefully I will be off that soon. The timing of the surgery was fortunate because I had almost a month off from college to recover.

Edited by deltaj

• HadIt.com Elder

Those who know me also know that I pray for many on Hadit. I will pray for Larry and his family.

What my understanding is that because nothing causes more arguments than religion or politics Tbird has asked that they not abused here on Hadit.

Requesting prayer's is perfectly ok but quoting scripture or defending or dishing politicians is not.

Berta thank you for your post.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know that is such a relief to hear that we can ask for prayer on hadit. Last month I had a radio cather ablation done on my heart in Orem, Utah and had I known it was okay to ask for prayer from my friends at hadit, I would have. The procedure was done because about a week and a half before that I had a treadmill test where I had SVT with a heart rate of about 250 beats per minute. When I got to Utah I was in atrial fibrillation on a Friday and then the procedure was done a couple of days later to correct the SVT, atrial fibrillation, and atrial flutter. The electrophysiologist who treated me in Utah believed my problem was caused by scar tissue from a heart surgery I had in 1992 for the SVT. I am much better now and my hands and feet are no longer cold. I feel much better but I am still on warfarin, a blood thinner. Hopefully I will be off that soon. The timing of the surgery was fortunate because I had almost a month off from college to recover.

((((DELTA))))) Get well soon!! Glad to hear you got the needed medical care right away. God Bless. ~Wings

Berta, Thank you for posting this.

I found Larry's Vawatchdog a few years before I found hadit. In fact Iwould pm Larry and Jim with questions and reply's were always received with valuable info. When Larry lost his wife and mother last year I know it was really a very sorrowful time for him, but through it all he would return and post.

There were a few times I would pm Jim if I didn't see daily posts from Larry, but was always assured Larry would be back. I can only imagine it is with a heavy heart Larry had to step down, but passing his torch to Jim I feel the mission of his watchdog would continue.

Keeping his archives for all to search for at least a few years is invaluable.

These 2 sites (vawatchdog and hadit) for me have been not only informing me of what the VA was doing, but also the steps one could take to succeed with their claims in a friendly educational approach.I use both frequently and thank Larry, Jim, and Tbird for allowing us to reap the benefits from their time and energy.