Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Called Regional Va Office And Was Told That I Was A Level 7

3 years to retire
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

Has anyone else been placed in a higher level (such as 7) and been advised by the VA that U could only talk to certain employees. I might add there have been no reason given that I was placed in the level 7 category.

I asked for legal advise on this situation. Below is the exchange.

"Sir

I called the VA to check on the status of our appeal. When I got connected with a VA agent, I was told that I was a # 7, and he did not have the authority to speak to me. He took my phone number and said that a VA agent with authority to speak to a level 7 veteran would call me back.

When I got a call back from the VA I was told that they could not tell me why I was placed at level 7 in the system. Also, he told me he could not tell me when I was placed at level 7 in the system

He told me that most of the time it is because the Veteran works for the VA. When I told him that I have never worked at the VA, he could not give me a clue. I was uncomfortable giving my data to him over the phone, since he was the one who called me...my telephone ID the call as coming from the ' VA 1 800 827-1000' but there was no other proof... that he was really from the VA. I have never heard of this before, so I wanted to run it by U.

I was wondering, have U ever heard of this security system by the VA? Can U share with me anything about it?

He did tell me that our appeal was in line for Decision Review Officer (DRO) and it could take anywhere from 6 to 18 months before we hear anything.

Thanks

I wait for your response.

3 years to retire"

"Hello

I think DRO review is what we R waiting for; the "level 7" is assigned for cases as they ascend the system of appeals, and is assigned for a variety of reasons, the first being a former or current employee; BUT there are several other triggers that would result in that assignment; I THINK one of them being just a DRO request (maybe with an attorney rep in the picture, too).

I don't have a source for that information yet; but I do not think it alarming; they're just COVERED UP with appeals, and have to sort them somehow, and maybe this is a new system; I'm too new in the system myself to have run across this designation; but will keep looking!"

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You dont have to work for the VA to be considered a Sensitive 7. You can be a spouse of an employee, A former employee. A contracot or former contractor.

J

You dont have to work for the VA to be considered a Sensitive 7. You can be a spouse of an employee, A former employee. A contracot or former contractor.

J

Yea, I can see that a history of employment to the VA could make for some degree of heighten security, but I, nor my family, have a history of working with the Va, even as a contractor.

U would think that the VA could tell U why they decided to "upgrade" you to a Sensitive 7. There has to be a process for that decision. Even the VA Regional representatives could not (or would not) tell me why or when this 7 was assigned.

thanks

I am sensitive seven, and thought that it was a bad thing. Well, if you call IRIS, you will get someone who wants you off the phone fast. Be, when she/he sees that you are a sensitive seven they will take down your number and you will get a call from a VA employee that will answer your questions and concerns. They will usually call you back right away.

Papa

I am sensitive seven, and thought that it was a bad thing. Well, if you call IRIS, you will get someone who wants you off the phone fast. Be, when she/he sees that you are a sensitive seven they will take down your number and you will get a call from a VA employee that will answer your questions and concerns. They will usually call you back right away.

Papa

Papa

did the Va explain why you were designated a Sensitive 7 ? Other than a employment connection with the VA, any other reasons given?

Edited by 3 years to retire

• HadIt.com Elder

I was a level seven for a number of years. The reason had to do w/having an atty and having a CAVC claim. Even after my CAVC claim was decided I continued at a level seven. My atty recently decided he could no longer help me and I am no longer a seven. Actually, I think it's good, as it means you are being handled by a more competent person.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

I was a sensitive seven even before I hired an Atty, so it must be that I worked there as a College hire. At first, I thought it was a bad thing, but you do get to talk to an actual VA employee. I would not worry about it.

Papa

Papa

did the Va explain why you were designated a Sensitive 7 ? Other than a employment connection with the VA, any other reasons given?

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>