Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Encouragement For All

Rate this topic

John46

When I found this site I was rated at 30% SC. After following some good advice, much of which I learned here, my rating has been increased to 90%.

60% for right knee, 10% for left knee, and 60% for IHD. Thanks for all the help everyone. From 30% to 90% in less than a year but won't be satisfied until I reach the finish line. I said all of that to say this, don't give up and use the loads of information on this site.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Good! And, I assume, that you are seeking TDIU?

If so, file for it with statements from your doctors that you can no longer work and that your disability will be permanent in nature. If you have received SSDI for the self-same disability(ies) make sure and include that information in your claim for TDIU (and, if you haven't filed for SSDI and you cannot work due to your disability(ies), then get yourself down to your SS office and do so).

Then, when you have gathered up your "evidence" for TDIU, then file a VA form #21-526EZ, Fully Developed Claim. http://www.vba.va.go...1-526EZ-ARE.pdf

I have had very good "luck" (yeah, it ain't really LUCK, it's a lot of preparation) with using this form. For one thing, the VA folks LOVE this form, for it cuts out a WHOLE LOT of work on their part, work that they have trouble finding the time for, and it cuts out a WHOLE LOT of time waiting on YOUR part.

I am an advocate of using this claim form. And, I am an advocate of turning in to the VA ALL the info, up front, that it will take them to make a GOOD decision on your claim. Don't leave nuttin out! Send them all your Service Medical Records, copies of your DD214, copies of your personnel file, copies of your medical treatment records since your time in service, copies of any prior VA decisions. AND you WILL notice that I said "COPIES", and send them all in one neat little package via FedEx (Or, if you just MUST save the $8, send them via USPS certified, proof of delivery, return receipt requested or use the Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope ($4.95) or Flat Rate Box, whichever your files will fit into, with delivery certification (if it fits, it ships)).

rock 'n roll, forever!:rolleyes:

Edited by LarryJ

Thanks for all the help everyone. From 30% to 90% in less than a year but won't be satisfied until I reach the finish line. I said all of that to say this,

don't give up and use the loads of information on this site.

John46,

A big congrats - did you get a good retro deposit ?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use