Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going Nuts

Rate this question

dittybopper

Question

Hey All,

Just a quick note to say I am going nuts! C and P exam said as likely as not the condition was secondary to my knee condition. Apparently they actually call it secondary to the pain. It is a stress/anxiety disorder. The C and P Doctor states in her report the exact wording listed under the 30% disability definition. It went to the rating board once and was pulled back because they were looking to see if the pain was worse over all (or so I am told by the folks at the 1-800 number. It went back to the rating board on 3 March and I am going nuts waiting on this decision. A serious question though Just a few days ago I got a letter asking if I still wanted to pursue a video conferance on my appeak I of course said yes. However I have been told a thousand times the VA handles one case at a time. So my question is If they have now inquired as to my hearing decision. This should mean they have finished with my stress claim. How long does it take from the time the rating board renders a decision to get it through review and typing and recieving the big brown envelope. I know this may be in the wrong post but I never saw a forum to put this in. I apologize if I missed the correct forum. O am holping somebody can estimate how long before I get the news either bad or good. Also I must have been misinformed as I thought the VA did not rate pain.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Regarding the pain factor, they will apply Deluca if it is appropriate for your rating.

Here is some explanation of Deluca:

As far as how long the claim will take???? hard to even take a guess.

It sounds from the C & P that they have what they need to make a decision.I am surprised they asked about the hearing.

Do you have other issues at this RO?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there you look like you are cooking with gas and eventually you will win.

• Founder

I hear you brother, my claim has been ready for a decision since Jan 18 2011, I filed Jul 2010. All in all though it's faster than it was in 1990"s it took years sometimes. I call the 800 number to check on it but I might as well ask them how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, there is just no hard and fast rules. It's frustrating and produces many nuts myself included :)

A serious question though Just a few days ago I got a letter asking if I still wanted to pursue a video conferance on my appeak I of course said yes.

However I have been told a thousand times the VA handles one case at a time. So my question is If they have now inquired as to my hearing decision.

This should mean they have finished with my stress claim.

ditty - I believe you can have additional issues awaiting development and adjudication that are completely separate

from issues that are already on appeal awaiting a hearing. One is not required to have final resolve prior

to the other being worked. If I am incorrect on this I'm sure someone will chime in.

How long does it take from the time the rating board renders a decision to get it through review and typing and recieving the big brown envelope.

ditty - there is no set time frame set in concrete - pure and simple,you find out - when you find out.

Sure, there are some stats on timeframes for average claims / number of days 30-45-60,etc...

but no matter what you read or where the source comes from - you either find out when a VSO contacts you, you receive an official

letter of notification from VBA or if you have direct deposit set up - when the cash hits your account.

I know this may be in the wrong post but I never saw a forum to put this in.

I apologize if I missed the correct forum. O am holping somebody can estimate how long before I get the news either bad or good.

Also I must have been misinformed as I thought the VA did not rate pain.

ditty - I am moving this topic to the Claims / Benefits forum.

As Berta posted - pain can be rated per Deluca,

also pain that is the result of a SC'd condition that manifests itself into a mental health condition

can be rated as secondary, if the medical evidence supports it.

Also I lot of it depends on the RO you are at! As Carlie says the variables are many! We I could tell you six months from where you are an you could get it tomorrow! Either way YOU WILL GET IT.

Try and think of it as a bank account that you can not touch for a while. It does sound like you are getting close though!

Good Luck with your claim!