VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prof Of Income

bigoc

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with applying for a loan and using VA disability pay as a source of income?

Either VA pay by itself or combined from work and VA Pay. I am not sure what type of information could be used to provide prof of this VA payment and amount. Other than a bank statement from my account I could not figure out what to use. I am looking into an auto loan. I do bank with USAA and might check with them to see what they have to say. I am rated 90% now and have a source of income from a job.

I understand the VA payment is not taxable but it does amaze me how there is not a yearly statement of any kind.

Also I am not sure where else to post this so if it is misplaced please advise.

Edited by bigoc

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always call the 800# and ask them to send you a letter of how much your disability payment is per month. It should be a simple letter and it will not tell your disabilities or your rating percentage.

thanks and can you believe I spelled the title of this topic wrong in the title haha. I was thinking of calling for something like that I just was not sure if there was a standard process that anyone has used or any experience with what the reaction of the bank is when you try to explain the situation. I am in a very non military area.

If you can get on ebenifits, they have a letter generator that produces a nice "letter" that has your monthly income from the VA. Although, it also will have your percent listed, if that is a concern. I does not say what disabilities you are rated for. It will work for income verification.

Hamslice

Hamslice, my husband (now 100% S/C) has always used his Va income, his SSA, and an annuity check for income proof (Also they add my SSA with which I can buy a bag of peanuts). He has good credit and too many credit cards. Just my opinion, but lenders see disability payments as a reliable source of income. VARO printed his income letter in about 5 minutes in person. Hope this helps

Hamslice, my husband (now 100% S/C) has always used his Va income, his SSA, and an annuity check for income proof (Also they add my SSA with which I can buy a bag of peanuts). He has good credit and too many credit cards. Just my opinion, but lenders see disability payments as a reliable source of income. VARO printed his income letter in about 5 minutes in person. Hope this helps

oops the question came from bigoc, not Ham!