Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean?

Rate this question

tom91

Question

Advised today that my claim moved from rating/decision phase back to informational phase. Told that is normally done for administrative purposes and that my claim will be placed back in order of claims it was when moved to info phase. Any ideas what this could mean as I've been told numerous times that everything was in order. I did check myself into va mental health for a week during the timeframe my claim was sitting in rating phase. Could it be that they recognized that and is adding it to my claim records?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

That is possible Tom as the recent hospitalization could definitely impact on their decision.

It would far better for VA to consider those recent records now rather then later.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I am interested in knowing "Who" told you "numerous times" your claim was in order? Was it your VSO? IRIS?

The toll free number? The reason I ask is that most Vets advocates agree that these are not particularly reliable sources of information. Was it the same source that "advised you your claim was moved back to the "informational" phase?

"Informational phase" is not a term that I normally hear from experienced, knowledgeable Vets advocates. I hear "Development phase" "triage", etc. etc. but that term is somewhat suspicious that who ever is advising you REALLY knows what they are doing. It frankly sounds to me like something somone made up...when they did not know.

I am not telling you to "fire" your VSO, but I do know when the police talk to five different witnesses and all tell the exact same story...they know that all five have been communicated and coached to tell the same story. That is, they are probably lying. 5 independent witnesses will provide their own perspective to any event...we saw that with the witness reports on the slaying of JFK. The witnesses were credible, but did not even agree how many shots were fired. And that is normal. And it is also normal for you to call the VA five times, and get at least 3 conflicting reports as to what stage your claim is in.

That being said, Berta does know what she is talking about..and I agree.

I would humbly recommend you not try to "micromanage" your VA claim. Yes, you want to stay on top of it..definately. You have certain deadlines to meet and the VA is very unforgiving if you fail to meet a deadline. However, to constantly try to figure out what stage your claim is in, waiting for the proverbial pot to boil is likely going to frustrate you. Get a hobby, and when the decision arrives let us know and we will try to advise you whether to file a NOD, MFR, etc. JMHO.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not saying this will happen in your case, but it did happen in mine. I opened a claim a while ago and had my C&P exam about six months later. I continued to receive treatment for the condition afterward which showed the condition had worsened. When I received my statement of claim/rating decision, the evidence only showed records up to and including the C&P exam. Nothing since was considered. I have a NOD in for the % based on the more recent records.

I hope your rater cares enough to use your recent records too.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Both vso and toll free line stated all was in order. I called to clarify 'informational phase' and told that means its back in developmental stage.they said per notes it was not lacking anything from me

• HadIt.com Elder

Could it be stressor verification? That is what it used to be very often, but it may have changed. If you are asking for TDIU it could be employment verification. They may have lost your DD214. They lost mine. It could really be anything. You could ask if something is missing or if they are waiting for something.

Not saying this will happen in your case, but it did happen in mine. I opened a claim a while ago and had my C&P exam about six months later. I continued to receive treatment for the condition afterward which showed the condition had worsened. When I received my statement of claim/rating decision, the evidence only showed records up to and including the C&P exam. Nothing since was considered. I have a NOD in for the % based on the more recent records.

I hope your rater cares enough to use your recent records too.

You will have to send in these medical records and let the rater know you have additional medical information. This more than likely will delay your claim as it will have to be looked at, probably by the development team. I called the 800# s few weeks back and asked that issue-he advised me as himself a Veteran with pending claims, thats what happened to him. I was advised to see how the rater rates this current claim, and based upon this decision you can file a NOD. It all depends if you are in a hurry(which at the current rate claims are being decided, I may be 6 foot down before this gets done) And if your medical conditions have worsened, they will go by the current date claim filed, you can't use this new medical information for your old claim and expect they will rate that all on the date current applied for. They would probably separate the dates. I am just going to wait and see, not going to rock the boat.