Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Miracle

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I called the VA in Dallas this morning and got through to operator in record time. I was transferred to auditory clinic and answered in 4 rings. The lady said someone would call me back and a Doctor from the clinic called me in less than 1 hour.

The technician told me when I was examined that I would have to buy the gizmo for blue tooth if I wanted it. The Doc said don't worry we will get it for you.

My question was what is the name of the hearing aid so I can get a blue tooth for it?

The miracle was that a Doc called me back in less than an hour. Usually my VA does not return calls.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I like the Resounds, but you'll want to be really conscious of them when you are fitted. They can adjust the tubes as they bend around your ears, but make sure you make them adjust them until you are comfortable, even if you feel you are being a pain. If you don't, those flimsy looking little tubes that go around in the bowl of your ear and into your ear canal can be torture if they rub or bend against your skin after a few hours.

Phoneak CROS

What the VA is giving me. I am very excited I did not know I was hard of hearing in both ears. The audiologist says the correction is 100% and it fits behind ear with a small tube.

This is how the VA should treat all veterans. With respect, kindness and patience.

I think when VA does good we need to praise them. I am writing a letter to the Manager to turn in as soon as I get the hearing aids.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Pete, Getting the bluetooth is cool but you need to remember any devise that we get to aid us in hearing has a learning curve and using it is the best way to learn.

I have had mine for well over 2 years now, and about 8 months ago I just put it away because I was tired of it given out at the worst time! Dropped calls and in the middle of TV shows! I got very dis enchanted with it!

Anyhow see how you like it, and like I said it does take a while.

After I gave up on it I had my audiologist add a listening mode on my aide for TV and when I click to that mode it jacks the TV up so I can hear it. I do get a buzz because it is so high I guess. but I have been able to turn the TV so my wife says it is comfortable and I just turn my aide to the mode. I can then hear the TV and her too!

Not sure sometimes if that is good! Ha Ha!

Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

Stillhere

I just remembered that the audiologist told me that many quit using a hearing aid after 2 years cause it needs adjusting.

Yesterday I got the phonak I guess I will charge her up when I get my appointment to get my aid's. Thanks to this thread I got it for free.

I have tinnitus but not service connected for it. I am very excited but have to wait 6 to 8 weeks.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.