Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Team

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

I called the VA hotline today to ask the status of my claim and they told me it was accepted by the rating team on march 2nd, after that it will go to a something or another team to verify your claim...Anyone have any idea this part takes, I started my claim October 28th, 2010.

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is so untrue to write ..."all others are pushed aside..." ..."Congress should have allowed this business with Agent Orange to go through a long time ago, but why does everyone else have to be shoved aside?" ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Your husband put in his claim in June 2010 and his C-File(I assume this is what you are referring to) went to the rater in October 2010 and you think you are pushed aside because you have no answer yet??

How about waiting 7 years or 4 1/2 years, or 4 yrs? Yes this is the time frame for 1 Vietnam Era Vet, 1 Combat Vietnam Bronze star with "V" plus numerous commondations and abundance of ribbons and E-5 in 3 yrs Vet, and 1 Persian Gulf Vet with 17 awards + E-5 in 3 yrs, and they all waited their turns, like it or not, it happens...YEARS here not MONTHS...AND YOU DON'T THINK THEY WERE SHOVED ASIDE, DO YOU?? :unsure: YOU BET THEY WERE TAKING SOMEONE'S TIME!!

Now lets look at the scenario you posted: 4 months from claim to C&P and only at 10 months total time now and I QUESTION WHO IS SHOVED ASIDE HERE!! :ohmy:

My husband began his claim at the end of June 2010. His stuff went up to the rating board at the end of October 2010. We have been waiting since to receive his rating. Every time we call the VA, we are told his claim is still in the rating process but that right now the Phoenix VA (which is where his claim is being handled) is severely backlogged due to Congress's recent decision for Agent Orange claims. Apparently those claims have priority and everyone else has been pushed aside. What the heck is up with that? I understand that Congress should have allowed this business with Agent Orange to go through a long time ago, but why does everyone else have to be shoved aside?

Mine has been almost 5 years in appeals and I was told in November it would be finalized in 45-60 days. Then in December I was told because of the Agent Orange/Nehmer case it was bing pushed back and am sitting here today only knowiing it went to rating Feb. 17. I feel the same way....

This is so untrue to write ..."all others are pushed aside..." ..."Congress should have allowed this business with Agent Orange to go through a long time ago, but why does everyone else have to be shoved aside?" ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Your husband put in his claim in June 2010 and his C-File(I assume this is what you are referring to) went to the rater in October 2010 and you think you are pushed aside because you have no answer yet??

How about waiting 7 years or 4 1/2 years, or 4 yrs? Yes this is the time frame for 1 Vietnam Era Vet, 1 Combat Vietnam Bronze star with "V" plus numerous commondations and abundance of ribbons and E-5 in 3 yrs Vet, and 1 Persian Gulf Vet with 17 awards + E-5 in 3 yrs, and they all waited their turns, like it or not, it happens...YEARS here not MONTHS...AND YOU DON'T THINK THEY WERE SHOVED ASIDE, DO YOU?? :unsure: YOU BET THEY WERE TAKING SOMEONE'S TIME!!

Now lets look at the scenario you posted: 4 months from claim to C&P and only at 10 months total time now and I QUESTION WHO IS SHOVED ASIDE HERE!! :ohmy:

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a CUE claim going back almost 40 years. No one is rushing it through the system. It was first filed in 2006. It is now 2011 and it is at the court of veteran appeals. I was low balled for 30 years. The AO claims for IHD etc that also fall under Nehmer don't have time to wait 30 years. They will probably all be dead. These are people with very serious problems many of whom have probably died while waiting. All claims should be worked as fast as possible. Blame congress for the delays. They provide the money for the VA. If they had cared about vet issues there would not be this backlog. It is politicians who are letting you hang and slowly twist in the wind. Don't let anyone divide us vets because if they can turn older against younger then they can cut benefits.

No. That is crap for people that filed a few months ago to be pushed ahead of people waiting years. You make the assumption that they don't have life threatening problems, too....

I have a CUE claim going back almost 40 years. No one is rushing it through the system. It was first filed in 2006. It is now 2011 and it is at the court of veteran appeals. I was low balled for 30 years. The AO claims for IHD etc that also fall under Nehmer don't have time to wait 30 years. They will probably all be dead. These are people with very serious problems many of whom have probably died while waiting. All claims should be worked as fast as possible. Blame congress for the delays. They provide the money for the VA. If they had cared about vet issues there would not be this backlog. It is politicians who are letting you hang and slowly twist in the wind. Don't let anyone divide us vets because if they can turn older against younger then they can cut benefits.

I also submitted my claim on october of 2010 and have not received any information besides that it is at the Oakland RO in the development phase. I already had the c and p submitted as well as my SSA records and Monterey county behavioral health records. All I'm waiting on is the Oakland RO to move it to the next phase.

USN NCS HM

• HadIt.com Elder

Deanbrt

You belive everything someone at the VA tells you? I don't think your claim has been pushed aside to allow some vet under Nehmer with IHD who is 65 years old to get a fast track. I think that is what the VA told you just to get you to blame other vets for their incompetence. If you claim has been in appeals for all those years blame the VA. I have been from the RO,BVA to Court of in five years. Nehmer did not slow it down. It is just slow because the VA is slow. They told you that cock and bull story to get you off their back.