Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Had It!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The only recourse is medicare or other insurance. Like Hedgey said, the VA will not pay for outside care as it is already written in the part 3 of the regs. They will pay for emergencies, or at least long enough to stabilize you and ship you to the nearest VA. And God forbid you go to a VA outside of your area by ambulance. Just getting the bill paid for an ambulance has really ticked off one Hadit member.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the great replies, you really saved a lot of time in paperwork - I'll just forge ahead and compare prices.

Just a note to anyone who reads this thread- you CAN go to another VA (if you switch your primary care there), just in my case it isn't practical to switch everything. And they can be very good, even excellent - too. I had surgery at a VA and it was absolutely flawless, not to mention a ton of great service that I have received and am thankful for, otherwise. Sometimes it just depends on what you are going for and if you want to wait while they "switch" doctors.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

• HadIt.com Elder

Even Veterans who get most of their health care at the VA can go elsewhere. There is no switching you don't even have to tell the VA if you don't want to do that.

We still have rights even with the VA

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

You may be able to get Fee Base but I have heard that it is not all that great.

How far from the VAMC do you live???

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

I live 2 hours, one way, all back roads, from the VAMC. I was fee basis back in the 90's, but then my VAMC changed their policy and the only time I can use fee basis, is when the VAMC itself farms me out. There have been a number of times that I was in near accidents, due to snow or ice on the roads, driving to VA appointments!

Old soldiers never die.... we just fight new wars!

Proud to have served, U.S. Army WAC

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I could get fee base since I am meet housebound criteria. I have medicare and blue cross. I use it all the time for doctors in my area. I don't even have a copay if they are in my network. I use the VA for drugs mostly. I would like to use Fee Base for dental since VA dental where I am is pretty awful. So is the vision service. I end up paying myself. I just had cataract surgery because VA said I did not qualify. Medicare paid no questions asked but not the VA.