Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Nehmer Cases Question

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

When did the old Nehmer cases start delaying the regular claims processes? As it has been stating that the old Nehmer cases are supposed to be completed this month, I am trying to calculate the start and finish date to come up with the total month in delay from the regular claims to give A rough estimate on the completion date of my current claim compared to my claims that were decided last year. Don't know if this makes a since to anyone. If in fact this is true, I would expect a serious dent in all the regular claims, however I doubt very seriously if they are just about done from what the the 800# and a iris report stated the other day. Could be they are talking about new claims and the nehmer claims causing the delay. Nehmer claims must have been pretty complicated and took 2-3 times long to completes vs regular claims. I am surprised of getting a IRIS letter 3 days after the 800# generated one for me as The VA stopped responding to IRIS request unless multiple request were submitted. MAybe everything is starting to get back to the 28 day decision stage! Previous claims took 7-9 months start to finish.

Are most of the claims decisions that folks are posting here are they the Nehmer claims? If so, I'm really happy you guys are finally get your decision. Cause I know once they take care of you all, I'll be next in the line. :rolleyes:

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thankyou all for the commentsPunch in my ronp and read all about it

yes it is a Nemyr claim.

Ive written enough here,the past is history, the future is in question.

Ron Prince

If you feel you have had an active, continually prosecuted claim

going since 1993 - something for sure - isn't right.

Can you add more info regarding your waiting since 1993 with no response of any type ?

Thankyou all for the commentsPunch in my ronp and read all about it

yes it is a Nemyr claim.

Ive written enough here,the past is history, the future is in question.

Ron Prince

What I had posted was in response to,

"I have been waiting since 1993I have not received a letter of any kind or a phone call from anyone except my VA Rep."

Well after using up a bunch of my time I did find,

"I have IHD since 1993, Private medical doctor, filed claimed in 1994, many varying denials."

So you had received some responses on the claim by way of denials.

I just could not imagine, a claim sitting around from 1993 with no correspondence.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

office-wise, we started processing them in Oct. 2010 with the special groups, if that's what u mean. As for things going to 28 day wait period....methinks you have a better chance of unearthing a dinosaur egg in your living room.

Ive been looking at these forums for a while, but this is my first post. I am one of those who has a relativly recent claim that is being held back due to the Nehmer cases. I was told that they ended at the end of march, and my claim should be up soon. It has been awaiting decision since december 16th, and the claim itself will be 1 year old as of April 28th. I got out of the army in september of 09, no clue when I will hear anything, and no help from anyone. 27 months in Iraq over 2 deployments, stop lossed for 18 months, and cant get an answer from anyone. I can verify the fact that stuff is getting delayed.

-lost in the sauce-

What I had posted was in response to,

"I have been waiting since 2003 I have not received a letter of any kind or a phone call from anyone except my VA Rep."

Well after using up a bunch of my time I did find,

"I have IHD since 2003, Private medical doctor, filed claimed in 2005, many varying denials."

So you had received some responses on the claim by way of denials.

I just could not imagine, a claim sitting around from 1993 with no correspondence.

Edited by RonP

Thank you Carlie for your response,

I am truly sorry for you using allot of your time on this.

Just click on someones name in members and it will tell you everything they have ever said here.

My sincere apologies

What I meant to say, and should have said is that I have received

many pieces of paper, filing claims, getting denials, fighting denials,

Getting denied again, for each and every claim.

Once Nemyer came out, and IHD passed. I got a Phone call from

my VSO in California. Great news, they are sending your claim

to a special center in San Diego. I live in the Philippines.

I said so what, he said PRAY.....well, I'm not into praying.

I then received a demand for C&P, I went and they did all the test and the DR said you are lucky to be alive !

I said where is the check, he laughed, and I went home. 6 hour trip.

Then I get a call from a secretary in Manila, and she requested me to take some other tests because I and a local Cardiologist,

thought I might have had a small stroke. The VA denied all of these tests for payment but asked me if I would mind taking the tests anyway

and paying the bill out of pocket, you know the VA has no money. I said I would check in to the cost and get back to them. I checked at 6 facilities in the Philippies, the price ranged from $5600.00 to $21000.00. I let them know I would Pass. They called back and said this is very important, you may have suffered a stroke, but you are only covered for PTSD 50 %. I chuckled and hung up.

That was the last about the Heart C&P.

They have assigned me a new Psychiatrist, that is a positive note.

My previous shrink is 27 and thinks war, as in Viet Nam is a video Game.

I have received no piece of paper from the VA that has notified me I am in the Nemeyr group or under any consideration , but I did get a letter from the Nemyer attnys saying I was on a secret list

I think my VSO might be Mighty Mouse, he has 28000..........in his case group.

I on the other hand have not had 1 white piece of paper from the government that say's anything positive.

Yes, you are right . I am quite cynical about the whole mess.

I'm thrilled for all that have won he lottery. I keep buying tickets....but no winners yet

Ron Prince

Zamboanga Philippines

the most respected job here is being a kidnapper or high government official. They have the same income level