Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Vr&e Ilp

Rate this question



  • Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. If you are not able to work you should ask for 100% due to unemployability and also ask for Social Security disability.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i get 60% disability and iam enroll in vr&e ILP but i dont receive anything ..i have a familiy to support and just living off 941 dollars a month can i get helf anywhere

I would also apply for SSDI. Yes you might get denied but try again and again. They like to play those types of games. But if you have your doctor write up something that you can't work then more likely you will get it. It will help you a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

Have you checked to see if you qualify for VA Pension program?

Also, you can collect VA service connection and SSDI at the same time with no offset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you went to the VR&E and they placed you in the ILP program than that means they found you unable to seek employment or education. This should be a trigger for IU. Even if you do not meet the exact criteria, they can take into consideration your injuries keep you from working, and the VR&E saying you cannot should be able to help you with that claim.

And I agree with the others, file for SSDI today. Go online, even if you have to borrow someones computer and file. There is a section for wounded warriors in the Social Security Disability filing that gives you priority processing if your injuries occured after 10/2001 and are service connected. The ILP program the VR&E placed you in is exactly like a physical rehab or employment office telling you that you cannot work enough to get substantial gainful employment.

Recommend you file for SSDI and IU with the VA immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use