Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Envelope

Rate this topic

Flatbroke

Got the envelope and was service connected for 5 new items but still not at 100%

60% for IHD

50% for PTSD

20% for back

20% for Type II (new)

10% for tinnus

10% for flat feet

10% for PN upper extremities left side (new)

10% for " " " right side (new)

10% for " lower " left side (new)

10% for " " " right side (new)

210% added but only 93.179% by the VA's math

Was denied for Adominal Aorta Anuresum.

Now I need to file for IU and send in copies of being approved for Social Security Disabality.

Need to file for sleep apnea with a cpap secondary to PTSD.

Dont know why the PN's are not bilaterial instead of for each side???????

Back to the same old games and appeal the 20% for tpye II cause I am on med's, restrictive diet, and restrictive life style that should be 40%.

Kilo 4/12 VIET NAM
11/67-11/68 (TET)
HQ 1/10 LeJune
C 1/10 LeJune
68-69
HQ Marine Security Guard School
Great Lakes Brig - Corrections
11/69 - 3/70
Semper Fi Everything stays the same until it changes

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on your win! If you can get sleep apnea w/CPAP approved, that should add another solid 50% and push you to 100% combined. Also take a close look at the denial for the AAA. It is possible that an IMO might make a big difference there. Don't give up!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

WOW this is GREAT news Flatbroke.

Yes by all means file for TDIU.

What did the decision say as to why they didn't consider you for TDIU ?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congratulations on your win!

Not to take away from your deserved win, I would like to see someone "test" this fuzzy math in court, as I am not sure it has been tested. I am not sure congress intended for a Veteran to have disabilities totaling 210 percent and then compensate him at the 90% level because "that is the way the VA has always done it".

If I am wrong, and there is a "fuzzy math" regulation, then I will retract my statement, but I know of no regulation that requires the VA to use the "whole man" fuzzy math concept, but instead they get away with this because, in part, no one ever took them to task on this by testing it in court.

There was considerable discussion on this board about Bradley Vs Peake, whether this "100 plus 60" was a combined number, or added number. After reading much about it, it is very unclear that there is any regulation at all supporting the VA's method of "combining" disability percentages using the whole man method. While there is no regulation preventing the VA using the "whole man" method that insurance companies invented to reduce payments to beneficiaries, I tend to think the "favor the Veteran" rule should dominate.

I concur 100%.

Congratulations on your win!

Not to take away from your deserved win, I would like to see someone "test" this fuzzy math in court, as I am not sure it has been tested. I am not sure congress intended for a Veteran to have disabilities totaling 210 percent and then compensate him at the 90% level because "that is the way the VA has always done it".

If I am wrong, and there is a "fuzzy math" regulation, then I will retract my statement, but I know of no regulation that requires the VA to use the "whole man" fuzzy math concept, but instead they get away with this because, in part, no one ever took them to task on this by testing it in court.

There was considerable discussion on this board about Bradley Vs Peake, whether this "100 plus 60" was a combined number, or added number. After reading much about it, it is very unclear that there is any regulation at all supporting the VA's method of "combining" disability percentages using the whole man method. While there is no regulation preventing the VA using the "whole man" method that insurance companies invented to reduce payments to beneficiaries, I tend to think the "favor the Veteran" rule should dominate.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use