Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension

Rate this question

ensignoftheunit

Question

Diagnosed with hypertension on active duty- within a year my medical records document the following readings:

146/99

143/101

158/111

148/107

144/100

Most visits saw an increase in dosage to attempt to bring my BP under control- this is stated in the records.

With these readings do I have a fighting chance that the VA could grant me SC? I'm just trying to get my medication taken care for this condition?

Hey- my Ebenefits page has had next action listed as QTC since July 17th with a suspense date as 9/17. Is it standard to not hear anything from the QTC examination to schedule anything yet, or should I follow-up some how?

• HadIt.com Elder

You need help yesterday...the BP has to come down & from my experience that easy to say & hard to do. Also (here I go again) please consider filing for PTSD, Anxiety, Depression or whatever you have even mentioned to a doctor that was bothering you. Point is you are going after claims that may be 10%, 10% & one simple 30% PTSD or Anxiety would probably come quicker.

Good Luck,

Don

Many years ago my va doctor gave me a stethascope/blood pressure gauge/collar and documents to record my blood pressure several times a day for many months and I had to bring them back to my appointments showing what my numbers were at home over a long period of time. I was treated for hypertension on active duty. Then the VA treated me for hypertension. I was given medication to srop the pressure. Then, with pancreas disease I suffered from too low of blood pressure and was hospitalized for low blood pressure... I had the heart stress test before a surgery also. This all happened in my 20's. 30's and up.. I am now in my 50's.Of course the VA has me going through the appeals process for claims and everything...

Edited by retiredat44