• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I posted link to the full VA OIG report here a few days ago:

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't agree I think the VA has a much larger error rate more like 80%

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Pete. Since the VARO's like to top sheet claims and continue to ignor or view evidence in claims. It's more like 80%.

Theres a backlog for a reason. "ERRORS"!!!!!!

Edited by allan

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Haste makes waste

I am a top sheet victim too...

Ahmen I had everything the % the Doctors records multiple surgeries on SC back and still am fighting during this time period. I found out today for my Request for A/A becuase of my SC Back issues are at the root of my daily problems in my life I keep on fighting the big green Machine I am kind of numb dealing with the VA and the way they screw us veterans but being only 46 I am not that old but all things come full circle and I am sure the old saying goes what comes around goes around Karma is a wicked thing. I agree the rate has got to be higher. Deny Deny deny is their motto. I tell all new veterans to never give up Try really hard to word your claims as the VA will not give you anything unless it is listed. Thanks have a good day..

I don't agree I think the VA has a much larger error rate more like 80%

It's not just the errors....the standard fr raters is 90% accuracy & 3.5 cases a day. I am on a PIP (performance incentive program) becuz i was falling short of the numbers. We have so many trainees now that any easy or small issue cases have been given to them & we are stuck with the complicated ones. Try to do them right the first time, it takes longer & u don't make production. Rush through to get the #s out and u make mistakes which bring your accuracy down. It's a no-win situation,.

Heads up: I dunno who ruffled Shinseki & Washington's feathers, but they have been literally tripping over themselves with constant new "ideas" on how to make us more efficient, without any actual clue of HOW we work. Latest things from the grapevine: office cares about #s right now so we are pumping out whatever cases we can, mostly small issue cases. If you claimed a lot of issues, you are S.O.L. If u have been waiting a long time & kept adding issues, tuff. Another tidbit is that now any claim with a deferred issue will not count towards production, so there will be no incentive to do them since we can't get credit. This means that if we could grant you 60% for a heart condition now, but u also claimed an ingrown toenail and we need an exam or haven't received STRs or what have u, your case will be waiting on the sidelines until such a time as we can resolve the deferred issue.

Also heard, they will be revising our standards & possibly upping it.

Every day it's a new thing, and some jerk in washington's bright idea on how to break the backlog. Goddess forbid anyone actually ask the workers. If it weren't for the fact i have loans to pay down, i would quit at this point. I'll post more wonderful washington news as i hear it. Someone PLEASE smack Shinseki!