Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing Tommorow

Rate this question

Commander Bob

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just received a phone call from my vet rep advising me that the VA DRO set up my DRO hearing for tomorrow at 10 am. However they sent my notification letter to the wrong address by mistake.... LOL They asked me if I wanted to reset the hearing date. I have been waiting over 2 years for the DRO hearing, and they can't even get my address right. Makes me wonder if it was just VA incompetence, or were they hoping that I would not show up???? LOL

Has this ever happened to anyone else????

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob

The VA has done these things to me before also. I would go to the DRO if I could get there. Be sure and wear shorts so they can see your missing leg. Be sure you have copies of all your combat awards to give to them. I know they have all this stuff, but I would stick it in their face. Be nice but show them what you have been through. Stay cool. They are a bunch of fools, but don't be paranoid. The DRO process is not confrontational. Do you have a VSO? Tell them in detail about every horrific thing you saw or did and how it still affects you now. It will just be you, the DRO and your VSO if you have one. If you have a DX of PTSD with your war record I don't see how you can lose. The main thing is not lose your temper. I know that we are suspicious of the VA, but most of their stuff is due to incompetence and not evil design.

I just received a phone call from my vet rep advising me that the VA DRO set up my DRO hearing for tomorrow at 10 am. However they sent my notification letter to the wrong address by mistake.... LOL They asked me if I wanted to reset the hearing date. I have been waiting over 2 years for the DRO hearing, and they can't even get my address right. Makes me wonder if it was just VA incompetence, or were they hoping that I would not show up???? LOL

Has this ever happened to anyone else????

they screw up my address too.. I have 2(1's) in my address.. it is 11..... street...

but they were sending my mail to 1.... street...

the typist couldn't be bothered to check it before mailing.. and those were my soc's that were sent out....

I asked my VSO rep to ask them to fix the problem... that was 6 months ago... I believe it was fixed,, at least I hope so.. btw, they have had my adress and personal info since 1996... why they screwed up, I have no clue..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been short noticed also. Funny usually happens at end of month like they need to at least be able to show something for monthly reports.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

It didn't happen to me for the hearing, but I've experienced the need to stay on top of things myself, or I'd be out of luck!! For my C&P, I received a letter from the VA, stating my local VAMC would be contacting me for the exam. I never got the notification for the exam!! However, since I had been forewarned to await for the information, I kept calling the appointment line, until the "aha" moment when there was an unfamiliar appointment for me. I had to track it down through the VAMC, to make sure I wasn't going to miss it. The office still did not ever send me the notification, even as I requested it from them, once I got them on the phone. I also wondered if they were hoping I would simply miss the exam!!

No, the hearing is not supposed to be confrontational, but I sure would have liked to wipe the smirk off that representative's face!! From the wording on the next denial SSOC, it became obvious to me that she had already made up her mind, before I was even given the chance to speak. I don't think she even heard what I said, seriously!! Bottom line, many times we really do have to stay on top of everything, even with a VSO. In my case, it was unbelievable to me, the VSO didn't even have me on his calendar for the hearing day!! Apparently, he had forgotten!! Once I arrived, they went looking for him (he'd stepped out of the office). To think, I had even phoned him to confirm, previously!!

Good luck with your hearing!!

• HadIt.com Elder

So I phone the VA 800 number and they tell me that the DRO hearing is not tomorrow, it's Wednesday,Thursday, the 26th of May. They can't even get the hearing date and time straight... It smells more like fraud than VA incompetence... I'll have to wait and get the story right tomorrow morning. I'll attempt to get it in writing so I don't get denied for missing the show.

It's going to be a long night.

post-4811-0-98867900-1306292629_thumb.jp

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Commander Bob,

You sure as heck don't want to miss your hearing.

I hope you can get some good intel ASAP.

I'll be rooting for you !

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.