Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won Despite Burned Service Medical Records

Rate this topic

Terry Wear

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and your praise. I am not prideful about the work I do hadit for veterans, their families, and their survivors. Each of us here at hadit serves without pay as volunteers in order to make a difference in the lives of others. Many of us are driven by a desire to see social justice in the way that V.A. treats veterans, their families, and survivors. I anticipate that in the next few months I am going to be very busy helping to care with my mother as she is dying. My main concern right now has to helping to care for her in her final days. Unfortunately, I am also going to be in the fray of a legal battle over my parent's estate. Mom and dad had created a revokable trust in California which became irrevokable after dad's death. About a month ago I learned from one of my brothers that mom had created a new trust with a nasty incontestability clause. My research online at the Kern County Recorders Office indicates that she transferrred some assets from the old trust into her name about a year after my father's death and then four years later into the new trust. She also took rents which were assets of the first trust and used them to buy property for the second new trust. There are two cases like this online in California: Aguilar v. Aguilar and Heaps v. Heaps, both favorable to my position as a beneficiary of the orignal trust. I am not going to sue my dying mother for conversion of the assets of the trust. I don't have a copy of the trust agreement and I don't know who the trustee is.

Edited by deltaj

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Delta,,,, THANK YOU for all of your help to others and me. I know what a challenge you are facing with your mom. I took care of my dad who past away last July and its hard. Memorial day for me was a tough one because he was a Marine .WW2. I hope all works out and the Lord blesses your every move. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Delta,

Good luck to you in visiting and caring for your Mom.

You'll have to stay strong.

When my father died he was well over a millionaire -

everything went to his wife and she never filed probate,

so I have no idea what or where Dad's assets ended up at.

Heck - his wife wouldn't even let us have our baby pictures that my Dad had kept,

nor the "DAD" ring I had given him a few years back for father's day.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie

I think if your dad had a will then it has to be probated. That is unusual for a father not to leave his kids something. Did you hire a lawyer to look into it? I helped with my cousin's, aunts and mother's probate.

• 1 year later...

Carlie

I think if your dad had a will then it has to be probated. That is unusual for a father not to leave his kids something. Did you hire a lawyer to look into it? I helped with my cousin's, aunts and mother's probate.

John,

Sorry, guess I never went back to this thread.

All his wife would tell us is

"Your father left everything to me and I do not have to probate anything".

No, we did not get a lawyer, kind of figured he wasn't there much for

us growing up - so don't fight anything.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use