Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pain - Has Anyone Used An Inversion Table?

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

I have back pain and a numb burning sensation on the left side of my thigh mostly when I lay down, but sometimes when I am sitting. It feels like something is out of whack and was just wondering if any of you have used inversion table and if you have had any luck with it?

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I have had severe issues with back,disc issues.Had MRIs,etc-went to several Drs.-the ortho who did my double knee replacement suggested that I try inversion table.I asked him if it was ok with double knee replacement-he said no problem .It has not been a problem and has helped-I have also had numerous spine injections and the other back surgeon I had gone to of course wants to operate-which I am trying to avoid.To answer your question-the inversion table has helped me and even with me having had double knee replacement-not a problem.I would think it would not be too much for your knees, but just an opinion based on my experience

Edited by atlaturne

I'll tell you what'

I went down to this ergonomic chair store, Relax The Back. I tried out a zero gravity chair that was recommended by another Veteran. It felt like zero gravity to. It reclines all the way back so your legs are above your heart, keeping the back straight and not scrunching your neck down. The chair takes all the weight off of the spine, relaxes the knees and hips, awesome. Believe it or not my ILP has actually approved it and set everything up where I will have this thing in about 2 1/2 weeks. Cost is about $2,000.00. I did a lot of leg work before selecting this chair, but it may end up being my wife's anyway because she also tried it, and you know, a mans house is his castle, but the ruler wears skirts.

They also approved a bed wedge, a foam piece that is slanted so you can lean on it and be setting up in your bed, and has a pillow that comes down to relax the neck. After trying it for 10 minutes I told my wife if they don't approve one I am buying one anyway. This store has the collest stuff for back, neck, and just about any kind of arthritis problems anyone is having. The fancy pens that the VA ordered me that I haven't received yet, exercise equipment made especially for the back. Awesome.

I would recommend a zero gravity chair to anyone with back problems. They go as low as about $1,500.

• Founder

I agree I've sat in those chairs and have wanted one for years, just haven't been able to work it into the budget, but believe me as soon as I can I am getting one. I've never felt so comfortable as when I was sitting in one of them. Enjoy and thanks for the advice.

I'll tell you what'

I went down to this ergonomic chair store, Relax The Back. I tried out a zero gravity chair that was recommended by another Veteran. It felt like zero gravity to. It reclines all the way back so your legs are above your heart, keeping the back straight and not scrunching your neck down. The chair takes all the weight off of the spine, relaxes the knees and hips, awesome. Believe it or not my ILP has actually approved it and set everything up where I will have this thing in about 2 1/2 weeks. Cost is about $2,000.00. I did a lot of leg work before selecting this chair, but it may end up being my wife's anyway because she also tried it, and you know, a mans house is his castle, but the ruler wears skirts.

They also approved a bed wedge, a foam piece that is slanted so you can lean on it and be setting up in your bed, and has a pillow that comes down to relax the neck. After trying it for 10 minutes I told my wife if they don't approve one I am buying one anyway. This store has the collest stuff for back, neck, and just about any kind of arthritis problems anyone is having. The fancy pens that the VA ordered me that I haven't received yet, exercise equipment made especially for the back. Awesome.

I would recommend a zero gravity chair to anyone with back problems. They go as low as about $1,500.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• In Memoriam

I mentioned the 0 gravity chair a few years ago. It is a great chair to relax in. You can only know 0 gravity when you sit in this chair.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity