Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pain - Has Anyone Used An Inversion Table?

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

I have back pain and a numb burning sensation on the left side of my thigh mostly when I lay down, but sometimes when I am sitting. It feels like something is out of whack and was just wondering if any of you have used inversion table and if you have had any luck with it?

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I asked my Primary provider the same question. She responded, "I haven't the faintest idea." She quit working for the VA about 90 minutes later. I asked her replacement and got about the same answer.

There is a book named, 7 STEPS TO A PAIN-FREE LIFE, by Robin McKenzie ($15.00) which teaches several exercises to relieve back and neck pain. This isn't a cure, but I have been using the McKenzie Method for 12-15 years and swear by it. It is not a cure, but it is very simple and sure relieves my lower back pain as quickly as 5-10 minutes.

Hope this helps!

I have back pain and a numb burning sensation on the left side of my thigh mostly when I lay down, but sometimes when I am sitting. It feels like something is out of whack and was just wondering if any of you have used inversion table and if you have had any luck with it?

Hey T Bird I used one prior to my 3 level lumbar fusion Loved it. Now that I had the fusion I am not able to use it my Surgeon said no so I took his advice. If you PM me I will share more with you. I am moving and getting red of most stuff here so PM me. I bought mine used but it is a great set up high dollar unit bought it in hilton head SC on vacation and I got good results when I was able to use it. Adios and have a good day....

• Founder

Thanks for all the advice. I need to make an appointment with my doc and see what she says about the pain I am having. Don't get me wrong it's not unbearable, it's just annoying. I hate going to the Dr. but it looks like I am going to have to suck it up and go in. ugh.

Hey T Bird I used one prior to my 3 level lumbar fusion Loved it. Now that I had the fusion I am not able to use it my Surgeon said no so I took his advice. If you PM me I will share more with you. I am moving and getting red of most stuff here so PM me. I bought mine used but it is a great set up high dollar unit bought it in hilton head SC on vacation and I got good results when I was able to use it. Adios and have a good day....

Tbird

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I use one at the advice of one of my orthopedic doctors-it seems to help some what.I am trying to avoid another knife after my double knee,etc.-of course the back surgeon(not the ortho who told me to try the inversion-wants to cut.

• Founder

Going to the doc next month and will see what she says. I was thinking the table would be good for my back, but I forgot about my knees they probably couldn't take the stretch. Maybe she will send me to the chiropractor, hardly seems likely. I think it's more likely she will say looks like a pinched nerve, carry on.

Tbird

Tbird,

Have you gone through all the shots into the spine? They now have a device that they can insert into you and when you feel pain, you push a button for relief. I did not qualify because the insurance shrink said I was a nut case, and would lose the remote :tongue:

Boots