Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Tdiu -Now Letter They Are Trying To Take Away

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I got TDIU some time ago(as I should have)I was an attorney by former profession-I was sent questionairre @ whether I had worked in last 12 months-I do what I have to do to maintain my license -CLE education,etc-also/ I did a will and maybe one other matter-very low income-less than 9000$ or less in one year maybe I did not fill out form correctly-I dont know how to answer the question in that I am still an attorney- but they are trying to reduce my TDIU to 80%-my Drs will say I cant work-but how do I address this mess-thanks for my HADIT friends Is there some case that says that marginal employment is not enough to cancel TDIU-also should I go to local VA office and seek assistance-I know to and will answer by Reg Mail.They are trying to say that I worked for twelve months-but I really did not-other than being licensed-I cant work physically-as my Dr will say I am 66 years old/also on social security

Edited by atlaturne

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The DVA is supposed to follow this procedure with "critical mail":

2) Essential mail pertains to pending claims or recently-made decisions. If essential mail to the claimant, such as a request for evidence, is returned as undeliverable:

(a) Review the file to ensure the current address was used.

(b) Perform a SINQ to determine if either the pending issue or master record address is different from that of the returned mail. If so, fully update BDN as appropriate, document the change of address for the claims file, and re-mail the returned correspondence to the new address.

© Access Share to determine if Social Security has a better address. If a new address is found, update BDN, document the change of address for the claims file, and re-mail the returned correspondence to the new address.

(d) Utilize the Internet web address locator service for the returned mail. If a better address is obtained, update BDN, document the change, and re-mail the returned correspondence to the new address. (Note: The Internet web address locator will only be made available to individuals specifically authorized for access to this function.)

(e) Check if benefits are being paid by direct deposit. If so, fax or mail a copy of the letter that provides VA authority to obtain address information from the bank. (See M21-1, Part IV, chapter 31, addendum B for sample language.) When a reply is received, update BDN and re-mail the returned correspondence to the new address.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll fill out the ol' 21-4140 & make 20 copies... :)

When does the VA send the form 21-4140 - I see annually it must be filled,

but it is on the same day for everyone like January 1st,

or is it a year from the date of individual award, a year from the date the claim is dated to ? I just want to be sure we get & return the form.

About 5-6 years ago the VA sent out these forms late to many vets (and maybe didnt even send them to some TDIU vets)and then VA proposed reductions because the vets did not respond in a timely fashion

to what they didn't get in a timely fashion. :wacko:

This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. It was not a coincidence that MANY were affected like this at the same time.

I think it was deliberate on VA's part.

Many vets raised a major stink.

The VA then dropped the reduction proposals upon receipt of the form.

I recall John999 here said to make copies of the blank form, and mark your calenders and dont wait for VA to send the form.It might not even come. Or be sent with a deadline that already passed.

Edited by Berta