Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Va

Rate this question

Boomer1

Question

I currently 100% because of Prostate Cancer, filed a new claim for Heart disease last Sept 2010, received letter that I was 10% for Heart disease until Heart test, had Heart test C&P for Heart and C&P for Prostate, received very good outcome for these C&P's. The C&P for Heart states I have congestive heart problems, the C&P for the Prostate states I still have Prostate cancer even though my Prostate was removed. I have copies of the C&P's. Filed new claim for CLL, Chronic Leukemia, claim filed in April 2011, My oncologist sent letter to VA, My VA Doctor has Lab report stating I have CLL. The C&P's were done this year in April, 15 2011, no results from these C&P's, just received new letter from VA, it says processing your application for compensation, it doesn't say for what claim. I have been 100% disabled since March 2008. I am not P&T, I requested 100% P&T because of CLL, CLL is not curable.

After I got this letter stating they are processing my application for compensation, any idea about the wait time, I am in Tennessee, I go to Nashville and Murfresboro for exams and C&P's.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After C&P its usually 60 to 180 days. If you have not already be sure and tell VA you are ready for them to rate with the evidence that they have.

• HadIt.com Elder

In "VA Lingo" congestive heart failure is not the same as IHD. They make that distinction as far as I know. If congestive heart failure is some how related to CLL then it could be secondary. I know they define IHD in certain terms which are more restrictive than just heart disease.

In "VA Lingo" congestive heart failure is not the same as IHD. They make that distinction as far as I know. If congestive heart failure is some how related to CLL then it could be secondary. I know they define IHD in certain terms which are more restrictive than just heart disease.

When I say I have heart disease I am refering to IHD, the reason for the 5 stents. Thanks for the help

• HadIt.com Elder

I see! I don't know how on earth they rated you just 10% for IHD given you have the stents. The whole thing gets very complicated since I got 60% for heart problems related to DMII. The VA says I am not part of Nehmer. I don't care since I get the same amount of money.

• HadIt.com Elder

Heart disease is based on Ejection Fraction or Mets or congestive heart failure. 10 percent means the EF is fairly high but is at least low enough to warrant 10 percent. Prostate cancer may be re visited if you have had surgury and they seek to reduce it per the regs.