VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Coming Up

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

a bit apprehensive for this weeks ptsd exam, thurs is a computer exam i am told,? And then fri for a psychiatrist evaluation for my ptsd claim...I hope i can get across my thoughts properly to him/her, as to what i need to say, and not forget things that need to be said.?

i think i need to let it be known that i am on SSDI also, dont know if that helps,but i don't think it can hurt. will up date here when i am done, for my thoughts and let you know. later ryd..

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The psychologist will make some sort of evaluation of the tests he gave you. He does not make a rating, nor does your psychiatrist. The VARO does that. Did you have a written exam or did he just ask you questions?

He only asked me questions, basically, pre-nam, then in country, and lastly after service. all pertaining to issues with family, drugs, alcohol, how i feel etc.... before during and after service. family,friends..those kinds of questions.

I was supposed to take some kind of computer questions, however they cancelled that appointment, and he then elected to forgo this part of my diagnosis...( i was sorta glad for that) thanks.....Ryd..

The psychologist will make some sort of evaluation of the tests he gave you. He does not make a rating, nor does your psychiatrist. The VARO does that. Did you have a written exam or did he just ask you questions?

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember back in 1972 I saw a VA psychologist for testing. He showed me some ink blots and asked what I saw. The records of that test somehow got lost. I really would not worry about psychological testing. I would rather have some objective evidence than the 5 minute impression of some psychiatric resisdent. Did the doctor ask if you hear voices?

actually YES. towards the end of our chat, he asked me do you hear or see people who are not present , I think this was in line with his comment about this,...i said NO.. and that was end of or meeting more or less.

I remember back in 1972 I saw a VA psychologist for testing. He showed me some ink blots and asked what I saw. The records of that test somehow got lost. I really would not worry about psychological testing. I would rather have some objective evidence than the 5 minute impression of some psychiatric resisdent. Did the doctor ask if you hear voices?

• HadIt.com Elder

See, a person who is psychotic would never say "yes, I see or hear voices that are not present". They believe the voices or visions are real. If you had taken the MMPI that would have taken a couple of hours and the VA does not want to waste time and money on some vet, so they just wing it.

It appears on the surface you may be right,? I did take the MMPI with my own psychiatrist whom i paid for along with diagnosis of PTSD, which led me to the beginning of this journey with the V.A....soooooooooooo here i am..LOL will keep all of you informed when i get the decision back from v.a. ?? later ryd

See, a person who is psychotic would never say "yes, I see or hear voices that are not present". They believe the voices or visions are real. If you had taken the MMPI that would have taken a couple of hours and the VA does not want to waste time and money on some vet, so they just wing it.