VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Coming Up

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

a bit apprehensive for this weeks ptsd exam, thurs is a computer exam i am told,? And then fri for a psychiatrist evaluation for my ptsd claim...I hope i can get across my thoughts properly to him/her, as to what i need to say, and not forget things that need to be said.?

i think i need to let it be known that i am on SSDI also, dont know if that helps,but i don't think it can hurt. will up date here when i am done, for my thoughts and let you know. later ryd..

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

a bit apprehensive for this weeks ptsd exam, thurs is a computer exam i am told,? And then fri for a psychiatrist evaluation for my ptsd claim...I hope i can get across my thoughts properly to him/her, as to what i need to say, and not forget things that need to be said.?

i think i need to let it be known that i am on SSDI also, dont know if that helps,but i don't think it can hurt. will up date here when i am done, for my thoughts and let you know. later ryd..

I just went through one yesterday,'rydastar'. I didn't have to take a computer exam, just a "novice examiner" asking a series of required questions. All most felt like an assembly line.

Good luck. Being a bit apprehensive is normal. My most positive thoughts are with you for a successful outcome.

Cmdr.Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

The computer exam is fairly simple a lot of questions many are repetitive. They try to put you in a box just be honest and don't try to beat the test..

Just remember you are not going to a job interview. Don't dress up and try to answer questions as if you were at home and just a regular day for you.

Be careful about questions about your history prior to service. The VA tries to deny claims if your Daddy beat you or you got in bar fights.When I grew up all the Dads beat their kids it was expected. I just answered that my childhood was the same as most of my friends.

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell them you liked school and got on well with other students. You did not take drugs in high school or in the military. No juvenile record and you love your mother and father. You are an upstanding and law abiding citizen at least until you were initiated into the military. You may take the MMPI. Many of the questions are obvious, but there are other questions that are more subtle.

So i am waiting for todays appointment to the V.A. for my computer test? (whatever that entails) and i get a call from V.A. and they want to cancel todays appointment, and incorporate it into tomorrows appointment with the psychiatrist. So my wife is on phone and tells them fine but i have an early a.m. appt. with doctor, and that she wants to know how long these 2 appt's will take as it may be a lot for me to do in one day. They say, we will call back and see if we will do this, in any case that i should be out of there before noon. So fine i say. After a couple of hours, we call the v.a. back to see whats up, they never called to confirm this change of appt's// finally get hold of the woman we are talking to, and she tells me, first appt (today) is cancelled, and that she spoke with the doctor, and he looked at my file, and does not seem to think i need to take the computer test.

Now my question is, do i need to worry??? hahhaha this is me to a Tee...worry, worry, about stuff like this,,,or maybe its for the best for me, as the doctor may see i have a good claim for ptsd, and no need to look further? i guess i am looking for a positive outcome with this. thanks for some feed back...ryd..will up date tomorrow as to outcome if i get any,,

Tell them you liked school and got on well with other students. You did not take drugs in high school or in the military. No juvenile record and you love your mother and father. You are an upstanding and law abiding citizen at least until you were initiated into the military. You may take the MMPI. Many of the questions are obvious, but there are other questions that are more subtle.

• HadIt.com Elder

So i am waiting for todays appointment to the V.A. for my computer test? (whatever that entails) and i get a call from V.A. and they want to cancel todays appointment, and incorporate it into tomorrows appointment with the psychiatrist. So my wife is on phone and tells them fine but i have an early a.m. appt. with doctor, and that she wants to know how long these 2 appt's will take as it may be a lot for me to do in one day. They say, we will call back and see if we will do this, in any case that i should be out of there before noon. So fine i say. After a couple of hours, we call the v.a. back to see whats up, they never called to confirm this change of appt's// finally get hold of the woman we are talking to, and she tells me, first appt (today) is cancelled, and that she spoke with the doctor, and he looked at my file, and does not seem to think i need to take the computer test.

Now my question is, do i need to worry??? hahhaha this is me to a Tee...worry, worry, about stuff like this,,,or maybe its for the best for me, as the doctor may see i have a good claim for ptsd, and no need to look further? i guess i am looking for a positive outcome with this. thanks for some feed back...ryd..will up date tomorrow as to outcome if i get any,,

It sounds like you went on another frustrating VA roller coaster ride today, 'rydastar'. Sorry to hear about it. I know the feeling of getting prepared to go to a VAMC for a C&P exam and at the last min. get canceled.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. My most positive thoughts are with you.

Hang there,

Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

Well finally done with my ptsd physcologist evaluation, for my assessment first, i guess i feel like i do" not have that warm fuzzy feeling", that being said after talking with my wife, who is much more level headed then I am, she says " that could be a good thing" as this type of evaluation is not to be pleasant and feel good meeting. So after i thought about what she said, i think she is correct. None of the conversations with this phys. was really meant to be happy or pleasant. My life living with these memories of in country and after are unpleasant.

so i guess all in all, the ptsd claim today, went the way it was supposed to. I was wondering though, does this psychologist, make any ratings? and or comments of his own, regarding his assessment of me and my claim.. or is this done by others.? I now have to put this day behind me and not dwell on it, until the final rating gets to me by mail in whatever time it takes for this claim. thanks all.. i will post when i get news...later ryd..

It sounds like you went on another frustrating VA roller coaster ride today, 'rydastar'. Sorry to hear about it. I know the feeling of getting prepared to go to a VAMC for a C&P exam and at the last min. get canceled.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. My most positive thoughts are with you.

Hang there,

Bob

Edited by rydastar