Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government Shut Down

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If the government defaults and shuts down will work on VA claims stop? Will we even get our checks? The default date is August 2nd 2011. Do they send all non essential workers home from VA? I can't believe these idiots will let that happen. I don't want to get into which side is at fault just informational question.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey if we don't get paid I say we march on Washington......wait I believe that was tried once and the results were less than stellar.

Looks like we better strap in and buckle up folks, cause the games are just beginning.

Instead of a balanced budget we just need a constitutional amendment that puts everyone in congress and the executive branch in jail for 40 years if the country defaults. Nope won't work, if the government shuts down who would arrest them?

Now I don't see a problem with paying all the bills, they just need to sell some leases for oil drilling, collect royalties, sell off oil from the SPR to meet payroll, hell sell some of the gold in Fort Knox(I hear it has appreaciated in value significantly the last 3-4 years)!

The bottom line is folks we will all be here August 4th, Veterans don't depend 100% on the government anyway, they have demonstrated that we arn't important time and again. Why should this situation be any different?

Best regards,

Edited by 71M10

• HadIt.com Elder

I think everyone needs to slow down a bit we get our checks on the 1st of the month not the 3rd we will be paid before any shutdown would take effect, as far as medical care and VA employees going to work I think they will be declared essential nurses and doctors the people who do paperwork maybe not so much we won't have to do a "bonus march" on DC.

How they fix this I don't have any idea thats what the elected officials get the big bucks for to legislate if they screw this up they should all be voted out especially the people who keep saying who cares let us default they are idiots it will cascade and affect everyone in the nation credit cards, ARM mortgages new car loans would go up if you can even get financing etc but I am pretty sure they will have done something to fix it before payday on September 1st

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they will kick it down the road because nobody wants a default except maybe some tea baggers who believe the government has huge undergroud money supply in a cave with bigfoot. If the pols let this go Wall Street will drop a thousand points and shot callers with be beating down doors in DC. Dems and Republicans get most of their money from Wall Street. Wall Street does not want a default therefore no default.