VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t No Further Exams.

Rate this topic

baca

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

South Carolina:

For certain military veterans, veterans killed in the line of duty, paraplegics and hemiplegics

A house and up to one acre of land on which the house is located is exempt from property tax for veterans who are totally disabled from a service-related disability or the surviving spouse, for the surviving spouse of a military person killed in the line of duty, and for paraplegics, hemiplegics or their surviving spouses. Application should be made through the South Carolina Department of Revenue. Call (803) 898-5480 for information.

http://www.sctax.org/publications/propguid99.html

baca, i wonder if that is true for all states. i'm trying to picture florida's right now and i'm drawing a blank. i'm thinking there was no wheelchair on it but i could be wrong.

I am in Maryland. I did not have to get the disabled plates. The DMV told me pick your plate but it is free. Both the vehicles I own have free plates on them and I got the rear view mirror tag to use if and when I want to for both vehicles.

South Carolina:

For certain military veterans, veterans killed in the line of duty, paraplegics and hemiplegics

A house and up to one acre of land on which the house is located is exempt from property tax for veterans who are totally disabled from a service-related disability or the surviving spouse, for the surviving spouse of a military person killed in the line of duty, and for paraplegics, hemiplegics or their surviving spouses. Application should be made through the South Carolina Department of Revenue. Call (803) 898-5480 for information.

http://www.sctax.org...propguid99.html

Yes Comander Bob. If I owned a home that would be good but I sold my house because of hard times. If I'm lucky enough I'll own another one.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Comander Bob. If I owned a home that would be good but I sold my house because of hard times. If I'm lucky enough I'll own another one.

Sorry to hear about your house. My most positive thoughts are with you for a brighter future.

There are other benefits you may be eligible for... here is something for autos.

"Up to two motor vehicles are exempt from property tax for prisoners of war, disabled veterans, Medal of Honor recipients and people required to use wheelchairs. Application should be made through the South Carolina Department of Revenue. Call (803) 898-5480 for information."

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use