Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tired Of Waiting For The Varo To Adjudicate Claims

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

You know, I spend as much time on the phone as a service rep as most of you do and I have finally had it!! I have some DRO hrgs requested from LAST year and I have just appealed them. It will probably be faster than waiting for the VARO to give me the old "we are working on it". I believe that we need to further swamp appeals and maybe the VARO will do something to adjudicate claims in a timely manner. I have DIC claims, because they involve Nehmer, they sent the claim to Seattle and the DIC is i Phoenix, and in the meantime we have eviction, foreclosure notieces, utility cut off notices. VA has been notified but we are not getting no results. What the heck is the answer? I am thankful everyday that I am not in this mess and got my entitlement ten years ago, and that was not gimme but at least I did not have to wait over a year. We need a BIG HAMMER to somebodies head to get to a climax. This cannot continue, or can it?

I know a lot of you out there are frustrated and I would like some feedback on this. This country and this administration has to address this issue and resolve it. I am scared to say we need a revolution ala the Bonus Army that marched on Washington. Any thoughts?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I don't have anything left to lose.. material that is.. my illness may kill me before my appeals go through though... When I say Deny Deny until they Die, it's no joke to me... I am one infection away from death every day... I was told by surgeons 2 years ago, if I get one more infection they will remove my panccreas...

when i was at the DRO hearing, clearing up al the misinformation and lies from the VA, I with my wiffe and VSO asked how long, and they refused to answer.. I let them know I am very sick... yet I don't think they gave a flying F in a rolling donut...

• HadIt.com Elder

I know they claim that a veteran can get their claims fast tracked if they are in dire financial need but in the past 11 years I have been dealing with veteran issues I have never seen them expedite a claim due to the veterans financial problems, they work the claim where it is in the stack, if you think contacting an elected official might help then by all means contact them but again my experience has been that it only slows down the process and the VARO has 60 days to respond to a inquiry from either a Congressman or Senator and 10 days to respond to a White House request but any of these will cause your C File to be pulled out of it's place in line and when it is returned it will be put back at the end of the line.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been dealing with the VA through Republicans and Democrats four Presidents and God knows how many Secretaries and new plans to speed things up and it remains the same. Screwed up. Going to Washington won't work cause getting Veterans to organize is harder than herding cats.

Good Luck

By the way its my opinion that our government treats Veterans exactly the way the Congress wants to and I blame Congress for the mess that we are in now.

I know they claim that a veteran can get their claims fast tracked if they are in dire financial need but in the past 11 years I have been dealing with veteran issues I have never seen them expedite a claim due to the veterans financial problems, they work the claim where it is in the stack, if you think contacting an elected official might help then by all means contact them but again my experience has been that it only slows down the process and the VARO has 60 days to respond to a inquiry from either a Congressman or Senator and 10 days to respond to a White House request but any of these will cause your C File to be pulled out of it's place in line and when it is returned it will be put back at the end of the line.

i beg to differ. i got my nsc pension approved in 90 days from start to determination by stating i was an excellent candidate to become homeless, which was true at that time. granted it was 2001 but they did it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I rest my case yours was done before my time in 2001 how many have we heard of since? Not many and a NSC pension is easier to obtain than a SC issue in NSC pensions it doesn't matter what caused your inability to work where with SC issues you have to prove it happened on active duty and jump all the hoops the VARO throws up denials low ball ratings BVA appeals which can last from 2 years to a decade I have seen lot's of these type cases