Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tired Of Waiting For The Varo To Adjudicate Claims

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

You know, I spend as much time on the phone as a service rep as most of you do and I have finally had it!! I have some DRO hrgs requested from LAST year and I have just appealed them. It will probably be faster than waiting for the VARO to give me the old "we are working on it". I believe that we need to further swamp appeals and maybe the VARO will do something to adjudicate claims in a timely manner. I have DIC claims, because they involve Nehmer, they sent the claim to Seattle and the DIC is i Phoenix, and in the meantime we have eviction, foreclosure notieces, utility cut off notices. VA has been notified but we are not getting no results. What the heck is the answer? I am thankful everyday that I am not in this mess and got my entitlement ten years ago, and that was not gimme but at least I did not have to wait over a year. We need a BIG HAMMER to somebodies head to get to a climax. This cannot continue, or can it?

I know a lot of you out there are frustrated and I would like some feedback on this. This country and this administration has to address this issue and resolve it. I am scared to say we need a revolution ala the Bonus Army that marched on Washington. Any thoughts?

bobbyq

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

As I stated I provided foreclosure notices, utility cut off notices, etc. Is the VARO doing anything for the widow? No.....eventually we will get to her claim. I sincerly believe that no one really reads all the information. I am requesting a Combat Infantry Badge for a Korean veteran. He is 11bravo, infantry, we have a buddy statement they were under fire, I have a report from US Army records they were under fire, and yet when the Army replies, all they tell me is what the qualifications are for the CIB. The government does not READ!! I already know the qualifications, I even have a pay voucher that shows the vet was recieving hostile fire pay. It is the same for his Agent Orange claim with the VARO (stationed DMZ 1968). VARO tells me there is no evidence of the veteran being in Vietnam!! Hello............I said Korea dipwad. READ READ READ! I just do no know what we can do. Burn the place down and start over?

I know we have to grateful for what we have, those of us who have, but we are also entitled to see that those behind us are also taken care of in the utmost professional manner and caring.

bobbyq

I rest my case yours was done before my time in 2001 how many have we heard of since? Not many and a NSC pension is easier to obtain than a SC issue in NSC pensions it doesn't matter what caused your inability to work where with SC issues you have to prove it happened on active duty and jump all the hoops the VARO throws up denials low ball ratings BVA appeals which can last from 2 years to a decade I have seen lot's of these type cases

i'll let you know regarding my current claim which was requested to be expedited. back to my statement, i still had to have a c&p exam. i still had to have medical issues serious enough to warrant a positive determination. i doubt very seriously if it would have been approved in 90 days without a reason. obviously, we disagre.

so i guess you would say getting my aid and attendance approved in 5 months was a piece of cake?

Edited by iceturkee

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say you have been very fortunate in your dealings with the VARO that you deal with very few do anything in less than one year most can't even schedule a C&P exam in a year

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

If you are seeking NSC pension, apparently there has been a rather major change. In 2006 mine went through the "local" RO. However, I just got a pension denial from Milwaukee "Pension Management Center", and it was very fast. My father in law was denied in 30 days. Its a mistake and we are asking for reconsideration, as he is unlikely to survive a BVA appeal as he is 86 and has cancer. "Delay until I die" is in effect there, too.

Shouldn't have to file bank statements, foreclosure letters, or financial slips. The VA should feel complled to process cases in the order they were filed. That is what they always tell me. If they stuck to their script, and were TOLD to do this in a timely manner, and attached penalties for the regional office that deviates, then you would see the backlog reduced, and the deadlines shorten. No VETERAN should be placed in a position to compromise their INTEGRITY TO OBTAIN THE BENEFITS THEIR SELFLESS SERVICE AFFORDS THEM. Not one, the members of the VA should be fired. 41 months and counting...

Shouldn't have to file bank statements, foreclosure letters, or financial slips. The VA should feel complled to process cases in the order they were filed. That is what they always tell me. If they stuck to their script, and were TOLD to do this in a timely manner, and attached penalties for the regional office that deviates, then you would see the backlog reduced, and the deadlines shorten. No VETERAN should be placed in a position to compromise their INTEGRITY TO OBTAIN THE BENEFITS THEIR SELFLESS SERVICE AFFORDS THEM. Not one, the members of the VA should be fired. 41 months and counting...

Too bad the local news media could no get into their guarded doors and ask them wtf they are doing..

after all, they should not be able to hide secretly wtf they are doing..

They should be penalized for being screwups... for everybody they screw, they should have demotions, loss of promotions.. Do they understand how angry they make people that are already sick past the breaking point...?

I don't think they do... I really don't..

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg